RPG Crowdfunding News – Into the Odd, Werewolf: the Apocalypse, and More

This week, I look at RPG crowdfunding projects ending between October 1st and 21st. Among the many options available, I look at two Alan Bahr related projects, one that Free League is elevating, a group of artifacts for the gaming table, a few holiday adventures, and more.

This week, I look at RPG crowdfunding projects ending between October 1st and 21st. Among the many options available, I look at two Alan Bahr related projects, one that Free League is elevating, a group of artifacts for the gaming table, a few holiday adventures, and more.

Into the Odd Remastered.jpg

Into the Odd Remastered printed and distributed by Free League Publishing
  • END DATE: Thu, October 21 2021 7:56 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): An original system
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £28 + S/H for the PDF and print versions
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? With the remastered version of Into the Odd (ItO), creator Chris McDowall returns with a project that updates ItO and, by extension, expands on the history of Electric Bastionland. ItO is a rules-lite RPG with OSR influences in which there’s one city of industrial might and beyond it are horrors and cosmic menaces that you’ll explore. At 136 pages, this updates ItO including more magic, more content, and artwork by Johan Nohr as well as providing more of the backstory behind Electric Bastionland. If you’re a fan, visit the campaign page to get a free preview of the book.

Apocalyptic Record for Werewolf- the Apocalypse 20th Ann. Ed.png

Apocalyptic Record for Werewolf: the Apocalypse 20th Ann. Ed from Onyx Path Publishing
  • END DATE: Thu, October 21 2021 1:59 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Werewolf: the Apocalypse 20th Ann. Ed
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $80 + S/H for the PDF, POD, and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This book promises to be something of an active history of the World of Darkness. In this 180-page volume, you’ll get in-character stories of the past, giving the records of how the Garou lived throughout history as it conveys moments of combat, tragedy, and joy. For those looking for more information on the setting and the Werewolf: the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary metaplot, this project offers content to the storyteller’s arsenal.

Mecha & Monsters- Evolved - A TinyD6 RPG.jpg

Mecha & Monsters: Evolved - A TinyD6 RPG from Gallant Knight Games
  • END DATE: Wed, October 13 2021 8:54 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): TinyD6
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $40 + $10 S/H to the US for the PDF and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? The first of two projects using an Alan Bahr system (though this is the only one that involves Alan’s company). This one is a 200-page update and upgrade of Tiny Frontiers: Mecha & Monsters, one of his early RPGs. In this RPG, you play stories akin to Pacific Rim, Godzilla, King Kong, and the like as you use mechs to fight giant monsters. TinyD6 is an ultra lite engine that simplifies gameplay. The updated version of this game gives new art, rules for combat, Kaiju evolutions, and more. In addition, this edition offers several micro-settings by Steffie de Vaan, Jack Norris, Elizabeth Chaipraditkul, and John Kennedy as well as a new campaign and adventure by Banana Chan and Sen-Foong Lim.

THE LONG DARK- A fantasy setting for Alan Bahr's Tombpunk.jpg

THE LONG DARK: A fantasy setting for Alan Bahr's Tombpunk from Outland Entertainment
  • END DATE: Fri, October 1 2021 11:03 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Tombpunk
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $5 for the PDF of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This project is another campaign that uses an Alan Bahr system, in this case Tombpunk. Licensed by Outland Entertainment, this sourcebook uses Alan’s engine along with a fantasy setting to create something fun. The plot is interesting, in every century, there’s 90 years of sunlight followed by a decade of darkness. During that end time, humanity’s only defense against the night and eldritch horrors are zombies. In this 105 page book, you get the setting, three new classes, eight new enemies, and more. In addition, there’s a 120-page graphic novel that details more of the world. If you’re interested, there’s a free 20-page preview of the graphic novel on the campaign page.

Far Away Land RPG- Adventures in the Materiosphere.png

Far Away Land RPG: Adventures in the Materiosphere from Simian Circle Games
  • END DATE: Wed, October 20 2021 8:00 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Far Away Land Role-Playing Game
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $45 for the PDF and print version of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? There are a number of Far Away Land (FAL) products, but this one breaks new ground as this book adds space and sci-fi elements to the setting. Offering an easy-to-learn system, the game advertises itself as kid friendly. This is a rules-lite system that includes details for ships, crews, mutants, zoot soots, spaceship combat, 130 creatures, and much, much more. At 380 pages, there’s a lot of content. If you’re interested in gonzo space adventures, check out the campaign page for a free quick start rule set.

Arcane Scrollworks- Ascension.jpg

Arcane Scrollworks: Ascension from SkeletonKey Games
  • END DATE: Wed, October 20 2021 12:30 PM EDT.
  • PROJECT TYPE: RPG accessory
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $189 + S/H for twelve scrolls for D&D and ten compatible with Mörk Borg
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This campaign will create some artistic spell scrolls using original artwork and hand finishing. SkeletonKey Games is offering scrolls for spells like Cone of Cold, Cloudkill, Disintegration, and more for D&D. You can get Mörk Borg scrolls for spells like Palms Open the Southern Gate, Roskoe’s Consuming Glare, and more. If you’re looking for some artwork or high end in-game hand outs, this is worth checking out.

Halloween RPG Adventures

With Halloween coming up, I want to spotlight three projects that offer multiple horror adventures at bargain prices. Everything from micro dungeons to adventures with new monsters or lots of NPCs, these projects offer the right content for the holiday.

Micro Dungeons Halloween Edition for DnD - $1 USD from ND Hobbies
  • END DATE: Wed, October 6 2021 11:00 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? For the equal of one US dollar, you get five micro dungeons with maps and one new monster each. The cost versus content makes this one hard to argue with.
Masque's Bite Sized Stories: Holiday Spooktacular from Tim W
  • END DATE: Wed, October 6 2021 11:32 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): System neutral
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? For one Canadian dollar, you get five holiday themed horror adventures for any system or campaign. Like ND Hobbies’ offer above, this is another one that’s hard to argue against, the price point and theme are outstanding.
A Very Horrid Halloween: 5E Compatible from Brittani
  • END DATE: Fri, October 15 2021 12:21 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? $8 for the PDFs for six one-shots with six maps and six NPCs per one-shot. Where this one excels is the content. So many map and NPCs, 36 of each, it makes this one a worthwhile addition to this list.
Egg Embry participates in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program and is an Amazon Associate. These programs provide advertising fees by linking to DriveThruRPG and Amazon.

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

I wonder if Onyx Path will continue publishing for WoD 20A. I am not interested into a new edition of Mage: the Ascension but a sourcebook about the disparates traditions.

Into the Odd Remastered printed and distributed by Free League Publishing
  • END DATE: Thu, October 21 2021 7:56 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): An original system
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £28 + S/H for the PDF and print versions
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? With the remastered version of Into the Odd (ItO), creator Chris McDowall returns with a project that updates ItO and, by extension, expands on the history of Electric Bastionland. ItO is a rules-lite RPG with OSR influences in which there’s one city of industrial might and beyond it are horrors and cosmic menaces that you’ll explore. At 136 pages, this updates ItO including more magic, more content, and artwork by Johan Nohr as well as providing more of the backstory behind Electric Bastionland. If you’re a fan, visit the campaign page to get a free preview of the book
That's like $40USD + Shipping for a rules-lite game that already exists? Looks beautiful, and fomo makes everything very tempting, but I wish it were a bit cheaper

That's like $40USD + Shipping for a rules-lite game that already exists? Looks beautiful, and fomo makes everything very tempting, but I wish it were a bit cheaper

I have been meaning to check this out so it is tempting but yeah $40 for 136 pages is steep and s9me of the free league stuff is 6 by 9 so even less content.

Still free league put put nice books. So I guess I am saying I am 50 50.

Remove ads

Remove ads