RPG Crowdfunding News – Quest-O-Nomicon, Gravemire, Tomb of Immolation, and more

This week, I look at a sampling of the available RPG crowdfunding projects that end between September 23rd to October 31st. In the article, there are some strong 5e offerings, Mothership adventures, two game stores, and more. As always, I can’t cover every RPG crowdfunding at the moment, so I encourage you to check out Kickstarter, GameOnTabletop, IndieGoGo, and GameFound for more projects.
Quest-O-Nomicon.jpg
Quest-O-Nomicon from XP to Level 3
  • END DATE: Sat, October 9 2021 9:00 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $55 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the book plus dice
  • DISCLAIMER: I freelance for Ghostfire Games who are helping to make this project a reality. I am not working on Quest-O-Nomicon
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This book offers 10 stories and 30 adventures for 5e. What makes this an interesting project is this: each adventure has a choice of two villains. The different villains change the flavor of the story and influence the flow of events. Add to that, adventures have been balanced to help insure TPKs aren’t a concern. If you’re looking for quests that include some customization options yet don’t threaten to wipe out the party, this book is worth a review.

Peculiar Discoveries - Magic Items and Companions For 5E.png
Peculiar Discoveries : Magic Items and Companions For 5E from Dream Plot
  • END DATE: Thu, September 23 2021 1:55 PM EDT.
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: CA$57 + CA$14 S/H to the US for the PDF and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Because it offers over 320 5e magic items and character companions including 10 mounts. Including over 200 pages of content, this book focuses on specific parts of 5e. The 45 companions offer fun sidekicks that provide minor powers to the party as a whole. In addition to the book, there are cards, pawns, maps, dice, and more. If you want more content for 5e, this campaign presents some interesting options.

The Adventurer's Guide To Theria Volume II- Ta'lor.jpg

The Adventurer's Guide To Theria Volume II: Ta'lor from Dungeons and Randomness
  • END DATE: Mon, September 27 2021 11:28 AM EDT.
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $50 + $15 S/H in the US for the PDF and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Dungeons and Randomness is crowdfunding the second book detailing their world, Theria. This time, they focus on a different continent, Ta’lor. At war for generations, this book looks at the two sides in the continent-wide conflict and their strategies as well as their cultures. If you’re a fan of massive fantasy wars or Dungeons and Randomness’ actual plays, check out the campaign page for examples of the project.

Gravemire 1.png

Gravemire from Clawhammer Games
  • END DATE: Fri, October 1 2021 11:56 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): An original system
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $20 for the PDF of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This RPG uses an original d12 system to let you navigate through a monster infested 1890s Louisiana bayou. Your character has arrived in a town literally stuck in the bayou. Any attempt to escape comes with the danger of dying in the effort. Worse, no one has escaped. The game focuses on the effort to get out of towne and how the failures and danger impact your character. If an original horror speaks to you, the campaign page includes a link to a preview of the project.

RANE IN BLOOD- Mothership Adventure & Antagonist Sourcebook.png

RANE IN BLOOD: Mothership Adventure & Antagonist Sourcebook from Eric Alsandor | Spider00x
  • END DATE: Fri, October 1 2021 4:13 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Mothership
  • PROJECT TYPE: RPG zine
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $15 + $5 S/H in the US for the PDF and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? The first of two Mothership offerings, this one calls itself a “swiss army knife” of content. Part sourcebook, part adventure, this zine offers tales of space pirates, genetic vampires, and organ thieves alongside ideas for equipment, an alternative skill tree, and more. Over 60 pages of the above as well as three maps, two adventures, antagonists, and more. If you want an adventure and some new ideas for Mothership, check out this page.

Andromeda- Module for Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG.jpg

Andromeda: Module for Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG from Leyline Press
  • END DATE: Sat, October 9 2021 9:08 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Mothership
  • PROJECT TYPE: RPG zine
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £15 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the book plus a custom UV flashlight/torch
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Another Mothership offering this week. Thematically, it’s a sci-fi horror adventure in a zine. There’s a labor dispute on the space station and something horrific has been unleashed to kill. The zine comes as an 8-page fold out map of the station with all of the information that the GM needs. This project offers something interesting, it’s printed in fluorescent green ink that glows in the dark when exposed to UV light and at certain backer levels, they’ll include a UV flashlight. If the idea of a unique gaming experience speaks to you, check out the campaign page.

Tomb of Immolation TinyD6.jpg

Tomb of Immolation TinyD6 from Yog'du Games
  • END DATE: Fri, October 8 2021 10:31 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): TinyD6
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventure module
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $8 for the PDF version
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This campaign brings the Tomb of Immolation adventure to Gallant Knight Games’ Tiny Dungeon 2e. Offering a dungeon crawl with puzzles, new monsters, and six pre-gen characters to play, this project combines a fun system with a proven adventure. If you’re looking for fantasy horror for your TinyD6 game, read through the campaign page.

LOCATION-BASED KICKSTARTERS

Last week, I covered the Ice & Dice Gaming Convention coming to Cincinnati, Ohio January 21 to 23, 2022. Keeping with the theme of crowdfunding campaigns for events/stores, I look at two Friendly Local Gaming Stores (FLGS) raising funds to help open their doors.

Mana Games Café Mockup.jpg

Mana Games Café
  • END DATE: Fri, October 1 2021 1:00 AM EDT.
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? With a name that touches on, among other instances, Magic: The Gathering, this gaming cafe will offer games and coffee in Lincoln, Nebraska. Providing a large gaming library, this inclusive space will feature all types of gaming including RPGs and new GM workshops. If Lincoln is your home, check out their campaign page.
Long Rest -Tabletop Games and Coffee Shop in Stoke on Trent.jpeg
Long Rest -Tabletop Games and Coffee Shop in Stoke on Trent
  • END DATE: Sun, October 31 2021 3:10 AM EDT.
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Long Rest offers an inclusive space to engage in any type of tabletop game including RPGs. In addition, they plan to offer beverages of an adult nature. The campaign not only names D&D but the store’s name gives a good reference to 5e, which is a nice twist. If that part of the United Kingdom is your home, this campaign is worth reviewing.
Egg Embry participates in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program and is an Amazon Associate. These programs provide advertising fees by linking to DriveThruRPG and Amazon.

Last edited:

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

My brain has reached saturation point with 5e Kickstarters. I just scroll on past them, no matter how amazing they might be.
Yes, I'm feeling very much the same way. My bookshelf is sagging with enough 5e material to last a decade or more. Unless something truly amazing comes along, I'm going to have to count myself out.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases