RPG Crowdfunding News - Secrets of Starfall, Dungeon Down Time, Better Backstories, and more

These RPG crowdfunding projects end between December 27th and January 2nd (with three extras added to the list because, let’s face it, this is when RPG crowdfunding projects thin out for the year). During that 7-day period, there are five projects ending (eight reported here).

Secrets of Starfall.png

Secrets of Starfall: A 5E adventure campaign module by Dragon Knight Publishing
  • END DATE: Mon, December 30 2019 11:59 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons 5e
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventure module
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $20 for the softcover (only)
  • NOTE: Last year on the Open Gaming Network, I interviewed Jon Neddo of Dragon Knight Publishing about Secrets of Starfall (here)
“The sequel to our first adventure, Whispers of Starfall. A modular campaign done in parts to easily convert to your campaign. Secrets of Starfall is an adventure module for 5th Edition of the World's Greatest Roleplaying Game that is a sequel to our first adventure module. It is written for players of 5th-10th level and is set in our custom world of Ambaran but is easily adapted for any other setting. Rado, the Gnome wizard, has vanished, leaving the crossroads town of Hyran to grieve their losses. The Elenhodel has given a clue to his possible misguided actions but it is up to you to determine how best to proceed. Expanding on the custom world of Ambaran, players will travel across the new world, over a blistering desert, an angry sea or a treacherous mountain. Filled with options, characters are encouraged to go where they wish and stop the evil that is Rado from destroying Ambaran as they know it.”
Holiday Happenings 2019.png
Holiday Happenings 2019 by Holiday Happenings
  • END DATE: Thu, December 26 2019 2:59 AM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): System neutral
  • PROJECT TYPE: RPG zine
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $10 gets you (and everyone) a free copy of this zine on Christmas day
“A 25-day community collaboration of holiday gaming joy for those in need. Holiday Happenings is a community event taking place right now in December, with this year's edition of the free zine on December 25th! Holiday Happenings is all about coming together as the TTRPG community to bring festive comfort and joy to gamers in need this holiday season, with special mind to LGBTQ+ folx for whom the holidays can be especially challenging. Our mission this year is to make Holiday Happenings more welcoming than ever before by funding safety and sensitivity editing as well as inclusivity sponsorships!
Dungeon Down Time.jpg

Dungeon Down Time: A collection of one-shot scenarios by Jacob Hancock
  • END DATE: Thu, December 26 2019 7:39 PM EST.
  • PROJECT TYPE: Maps
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $10 for 11 PDFs
“A collection of dungeons for role playing games, complete with stories to go with them. Dungeon Down Time is a project created for groups who have trouble getting their whole groups together or who don't have the time to invest in a super long campaign. It’s designed to basically be a collection of maps that players can freely drop in whenever the group meets up, allowing for a larger group of core players while also giving you the option to still play without everyone showing up. Dungeon Down Time is a collection of 10 fully colored maps that also includes a guide to the encounters that each dungeon has. Each dungeon has, for the most part, basic enemy types that the DM can simply use the stats for whatever monster fits the criteria from their preferred source and game type. (EX: 02 medium humanoid-fish people appear in the room before you.) Each dungeon will, however, include a unique and powerful boss as well as plenty of hidden treasures and items.”
Better Backstories.png
Better Backstories by Jay Stilipec
  • END DATE: Mon, December 30 2019 1:47 PM EST.
  • PROJECT TYPE: Deck ‘o NPCs
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $10 + $3 US S/H for the deck of 64 cards
“Improve your role-playing characters with this easy-to-use card-based life history generator! Works with any RPG system. I love making role-playing characters. In order to make sure each character has a unique backstory of wonder and woe, I created Better Backstories. This easy to use and easy to customize system is genre neutral, and these cards can help everyone to make better backstories. It doesn't matter if you're a novice making their first fighter, or an expert game master developing their corrupted galactic president. Better Backstories are suitable for Player Characters, Non-Player Characters, and Game Masters alike. They are designed to jump start your imagination and make your characters come to life.”
Creature Feature Quarterly Vol. 6 (5e compatible).png
Creature Feature Quarterly Vol. 6 (5e compatible) by Jeremy Hart Illos
  • END DATE: Tue, December 31 2019 10:04 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons 5e
  • PROJECT TYPE: RPG zine
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $6 for the PDF of the zine
“A 6th volume of Creature Feature Quarterly (5e). A monster manual zine for 5e DnD with Paper Mini Designs, VTT Tokens, and ample Fluff. This is my sixth "quarterly" collection of monsters. I start them over on Patreon and compile them here before they go to DriveThruRPG. My Patreons get early access to all kinds of stuff and get to take part in guiding the direction of these books to some degree. I have had a few successful Kickstarters converting earlier volumes into smaller A5 zines for The Black Hack and the OSR. This time around, I'm applying some of those design ideas to the 5e version. I think you'll like it as much as I have. The A5 format achieves some of the design goals I had back in volume 1 for tabletop usage like flashing the art to your players, etc. in a cheap, DIY-printable format. I am also including a separate folder of full-page art now. So, that even if you are just running from your PC/tablet or the DIY-printable zine, you can easily show your players the monster art.”

eDice 2: An universal electronic dice for tabletop games by aniPlay
  • END DATE: Mon, December 30 2019 5:00 PM EST.
  • “Rechargeable electronic dice able to select 2~100 face die or formula, featured with user-definable game presets, roll history, etc.”
Tombstone Crits: sharp dice and boxes and towers, oh my! by Tombstone Crits
  • END DATE: Thu, January 2 2020 7:41 PM EST.
  • “Bringing 3D printed items and better-quality dice to Tombstone Crits!”
Legendary rolling tray by Josh Edwards
  • END DATE: Fri, January 3 2020 12:00 AM EST.
  • “Portable rolling tray, dice storage, and resource management all in one. Completely hand made from high quality hardwoods.”
NOTE: This article includes affiliate links to DriveThruRPG. As a DriveThruRPG Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases