• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[RPG]Pigeon vs the Dragon

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Umm.. Pigeon (a just created 0th level) has held up the dragon (a labeled 50th level creature) for a day and a half now in a single fight without moving.

Is there anything that can be done about it besides waiting?

Thank you for your time.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'll nuke the fight.

I don't quite get why people start a battle if they don't intend to play it. It only takes a couple of minutes.

I think that, in future, people who start battles then walk away from their computer will get penalised (HP, GP or something) heaviliy for doing so.

diaglo

Adventurer
i know yesterday... my battle hung up on me from around 3pm until...

i couldn't fight it until later.

i had to dialup from home a couple times just so i wasn't holding up the wraith.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Thanks Morrus.

I can understand if they start a fight just before a board slowdown and since they can't get anywhere, they go to bed. I've thought about just going to bed a couple of times. And I have had another person take control of the computer when I'm in the middle of a fight once.

But a day and a half is a bit excessive.

Zappo

Explorer
Isn't there a timeout or something, so that the bot gets a free move after some time? For a bot battle, I could understand a timeout even as low as 10 minutes. It's still high enough for all but the most horrible board slowdowns, and low enough to guarantee death to anyone who forgets a battle on overnight (well, except Galan vs. Fluffy Pink Bunny, I guess).

That said, I think there is a bug that may induce you to think that a battle is over. Some days ago, I got a "the battle doesn't exist" message when I was in fact still in the battle, and as a result I accidentally hogged a bot for several hours.

Zappo

Explorer
Uhm, I've checked RPG right after posting the message above, and it did it again. Good thing I noticed before going to bed. Worse, I can't act in the battle. I can't even surrender. It's like the PvP bug that happened in the tournament. Someone end this battle please?

Last edited:

Pigeon

First Post
errr...sorry

To be honest I was just messing about and couldn't work out what I was doing and so just quit. I didn't realise this would cause a problem.

The whole RPG thing seems a bit beyond me so I wont be venturing there again.

Again I apologise.

Remove ads