RPG Print News – Free League, Cubicle 7, Modiphius, and More

So many interesting RPGs and RPG accessories this week. The Blade Runner RPG has a starter set stuffed with dice and props as well as Case File 1, an adventure, and Doctor Who gets a starter set as well. D&D gets a massive card driven story generator and there’s an adventure for Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20 . Beyond the Supernatural gets a monster book and Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG gets lot of funky dice. Finally, GMs get advice on prepping lairs for their PCs and Savage Worlds gets superhero pawns.

Note: RPG Print News covers new RPG releases and some classics, reprints, and sales available from retailers. It does not cover products that are only available directly to customers through kickstarter or as print on demand.

116 blade runner.JPG

Blade Runner RPG Starter Set by Free League Publishing
  • SYSTEM: Blade Runner RPG
  • PRODUCT TYPE: box set
  • RETAIL PRICE: $49.99
  • DESCRIPTION: LA in 2037 is a neon noir city of haves and have nots. The PCs are have nots facing a world of conflicts and contrasts that dares to ask the hard questions and investigate the power of empathy, the poison of fear, and the burden of being human during inhumane times. And even ask the question what is a human? Includes: an 80-page condensed rulebook, a 56-page Case File 1 called Electric Dreams, four pre-generated characters, poster size full color map of Los Angeles in 2037, 26 full-color evidence handouts ( crime scene photos, data files, documents, maps, and more), a custom manila envelope for the players to keep their evidence in, a Time Tracker Sheet, 70 cards ), non-player characters, chase maneuvers and obstacles, and initiative in combat), and eight engraved, transparent dice – two each of D6, D8, D10, and D12.
116 the oracle.JPG

The Oracle Story Generator by Nord Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: box set of five decks of 60 cards each
  • RETAIL PRICE: $69.95
  • DESCRIPTION: Contains five uniquely-themed 60 card decks, including: contract and counties, epic adventures, political intrigue, relics and artifacts, and simple side quests. A new story idea is created by drawing five cards to form a sentence prompt consisting of an Actor, Action, Subject, Intent, and Development.
116 behind enemy lines.JPG

Behind Enemy Lines - Mission Dossier #1 by Modiphius Entertainment
  • SYSTEM: Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $35
  • DESCRIPTION: This first Mission Dossier for contains the first five adventures released following the RPG’s launch: Under the Gun, Operation Vanguard, Operation Falling Crystal, The Romanian Imperative, and Seventh-Innings Slaughter, plus a brand new mission, Operation Eastbourne.
116 creature feature.JPG

Creature Feature! by Palladium
  • SYSTEM: Beyond the Supernatural
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $24.99
  • DESCRIPTION: Set in the modern world as seen through the lens of mystery and the supernatural. A lens that reveals clearly the “things” – the creatures and powers – that science says are not real. Includes 15 supernatural creatures described in depth with adventure hooks and ideas for more. Creature encounter table and tips on making unique creatures. Player paranormal investigator background table. Game Master source material and tips for running modern horror. World setting and monster hunting lore. Rules clarifications and errata. An adventure and numerous adventure suggestions. And paranormal encounter ideas, tips, advice, NPCs, and more.
116 how to defend your lair.JPG

How to Defend Your Lair by Simon & Schuster
  • SYSTEM: systemless GM advice
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover
  • RETAIL PRICE: $28.99
  • DESCRIPTION: Concentrates on the theater of battle instead of in randomly generated dungeons. Explains why where the fight takes place is just as important as who is doing the fighting. Uses real-world principles of building security and area defense to create strongholds infused with flavor, informed by narrative, and complex enough to force PCs to think strategically. Examines the strengths and weaknesses of both defenders and potential attackers, creating spaces that are strong enough to keep out ordinary intruders and to provide thrilling challenges to extraordinary ones. Includes more than a dozen fleshed-out sample strongholds.
116 doctor who.JPG

Doctor Who - The Roleplaying Game (Second Edition) Starter Set by Cubicle 7
  • SYSTEM: unique
  • PRODUCT TYPE: box starter set
  • RETAIL PRICE: $39.99
  • DESCRIPTION: Time traveling adventures across all of space and time as PCs experience the vast universe of Doctor Who. The Timeless Library adventure sends PCs on a journey to a vast library filled with dangerous artefacts and even more dangerous invaders. It teaches the rules as it is played. The story continues in The Echo Chamber with a quest to recover The Hermit’s Lantern. The set also includes: Read This First! introduction sheet, five pre-generated characters, two rules reference sheets, over 60 Story Point tokens, and three custom dice.
116 dice supernal.JPG
116 dice vello.JPG
116 dice eldritch.JPG
116 dice wizard van.JPG

Supernal Star Seeds RPG Dice (14) | Vello's Crystalized Creations RPG Dice (14) | Eldritch Ruin Fragments RPG Dice (14) | Wizard Van's Stellar Stowaways RPG Dice (14) | SYSTEM: Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG and Mutant Crawl Classics RPG – the new Peter Mullen Cover by Goodman Games
  • PRODUCT TYPE: set of 14 dice, a complete set for DCC RPG and MCC RPG
  • RETAIL PRICE: $34.99 each
  • DESCRIPTION: Each dice set includes a complete set of 14 needed dice: d3, d4, d5, d6, d7, d8, d10, d12, d14, d16, d20, d24, and d30, plus a percentile d%. Supernal Star Seeds are lavender dice with a silver metallic fleck and gold numbers. These strange star seeds fell from the sky and over time bloomed into a magical and celestial plant known as the cosmic lotus—a shimmering lavender and gold speckled flower with the power to open inter-dimensional portals and defy space and time. Vello's Crystalized Creations are a swirl of cotton candy pink and baby blue and gold numbers. The wizard Vello was known for the creation of magically-imbued sweets of various types, which all have a minor magical effect when consumed. Sadly, the wizard was turned into foodstuff by a candy golem of his own creation. Eldritch Ruin Fragments are a blend of dark blue and rust red in a metallic swirl with gold numbers. Long ago in the southern wastes great cities were raised up by powerful magic before falling into ruin from cobalt volcanoes. The eldritch power that flowed through those cities remains in these fragments and many an adventurer has perished attempting to find and claim them. Wizard Van's Stellar Stowaways are harbingers of new connections between extant realities and where they go weirdness is sure to follow their far out mix of green, red, and purple in a metallic swirl with gold numbers. Passing through dimensional barriers has charged these cosmic randomizers with the energy of one thousand insane worlds, and now their very presence can cause the lines between worlds to blur, buckle, and even break. Groovy.
116 super powers pawns.JPG

Super Powers Pawns Boxed Set 1 by Pinnacle
  • SYSTEM: Savage Worlds
  • PRODUCT TYPE: boxed set of pawns
  • RETAIL PRICE: $29.99
  • DESCRIPTION: Coming straight from the Super Powers Companion, these thick, cardboard, individually die-cut characters with front and back art are ready for to be popped out and used. Includes over 140 heroes, villains, cops, robbers, and bad guys for a super hero campaign.

Charles Dunwoody

Charles Dunwoody

Just grabbed Creature Feature (a new sourcebook/modules for BTS....with a lot of monsters in it?....wow!) and got the whole Blade Runner package straight from Free League just in time for Christmas. Lots of good stuff to start the new year with!

Interesting that Paizo is getting out of (new) pawn sets, but Pinnacle's launching a few new ones. I love them!
Makes sense though for Paizo....they sort of saturated the market with pawns, and now a lot of the market is going virtual. I have boxes....crates, I daresay, of pawns I haven't had to use in almost three years now.

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter
Makes sense though for Paizo....they sort of saturated the market with pawns, and now a lot of the market is going virtual. I have boxes....crates, I daresay, of pawns I haven't had to use in almost three years now.
For sure. I hadn't busted out mine since getting two boxes (Bestiary and Villain Codex), but now I'm buying them up like crazy because I've got a nephew turning 7 and I know I'll get use out of them soon!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases