RPGnow on the fritz

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryonD

Hero
I've been a big fan of RPGnow and ordered a lot of stuff through them.

But they have hit a real rough patch, at least for me.

My three most recent orders:

Jan 29th: I was double billed and had to get that fixed.

Feb 21st: I received two receipts. It turns out I was NOT double billed, but I had to track it down and make sure.

Today: Placed a couple items in my basket. Go to check out. Get a refusal message at the secure server. Try again a couple hours later, same thing. Later, same thing. Finally, this evening it goes through. I put it my data and it freezes on the "if the page doesn't go away" page. Clicking the button: no good. I get a receipt but no links. I go back to RPGnow and see that the order is NOT in my history and the items are still in my basket. Called the credit card company and I was charged. Call RPGnow, and they can't help me until tomorrow. Now maybe I'm petty here, but one thing I like about PDFs is the instant product. And a string of errors saps away my patience that much more.

errrg.....

Anyone else noticed issues lately? Or am I just having insane bad luck?

Last edited:

2WS-Steve

First Post
No issues here either. I swear -- technology just keeps making it easier and easier for me to spend what little money I have.

DaveStebbins

First Post
I too shop there pretty regularly and haven't had any problems recently.

...or ever, for that matter.

Must be you. :p

-Dave
(sorry, couldn't resist)

DMH

First Post
Once I had the same problem (the third one you mentioned). I just waited until the next day.

GMSkarka

Explorer
BryonD said:
Call RPGnow, and they can't help me until tomorrow.

Um....I handle customer service for rpgnow, and I never talked to you. Who did you contact?

If you have any problems, just email custserv@rpgnow.com, which I check all day (and several times during the night as well).

rpghost

First Post
For the record (I guess) the SSH server did go down in the morning. It took a while to get back up - mainly cause so few people contact US instead of posting a complaint in a public forum that we don't monitor :)

My email is webmaster@rpgnow.com and you can use the contact pages on the site to make sure your mail gets past any spam filters.

Anyway, sorry about the short downtime. The double billing _ONLY_ happens when a user error occurs. In other words you had a timeout or refreshed or backed up. We never bill anyone. THe bank site handles the transactions and that's that. So that's really not a complaint against us- in fact since we took care of it right away, wouldn't you say that's to our credit?

Thanks for your continued support. Sorry for the hassles...

James

BryonD

Hero
GMSkarka said:
Um....I handle customer service for rpgnow, and I never talked to you. Who did you contact?

If you have any problems, just email custserv@rpgnow.com, which I check all day (and several times during the night as well).

Whoever answered the phone at the phone number in your e-mail.

I also sent an e-mail to custserv at 8:07 eastern.

BryonD

Hero
rpghost said:
Anyway, sorry about the short downtime. The double billing _ONLY_ happens when a user error occurs. In other words you had a timeout or refreshed or backed up. We never bill anyone. THe bank site handles the transactions and that's that. So that's really not a complaint against us- in fact since we took care of it right away, wouldn't you say that's to our credit?

Certainly. But when I need to rely on good customer service to fix an error three times running, I start being more aware of the need to take care of things rather than how well they are taken care of.

Regardless of who is at fault, I don't want to be frustrated every time I try to do business with someone.

Thanks for your continued support. Sorry for the hassles...
James

It sounds like it is just a run of bad luck. I've been very satisified in the past.

But I'm certain you will take care of this. I've never questioned your customer service, just my sudden repeated need for it.

I was planning to take the files with me when I leave the house at 6:30 in the morning. So if a quick fix is possible that woudl really help. :heh:

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads