RPGNow order problem on Taverner's Trusty Tome

Iron_Chef said:
Yeah, I emailed all this same info over to James, right before I posted it here. He hasn't replied yet. They are pretty slow to reply to emails.
They are in the middle of opening a physical storefront and not nearly as responsive as before. You shoud also try sending email to sage@rpgnow.com. Sage actually handles customer service and may be less busy than James.

Iron_Chef

First Post
PosterBoy said:
What browser are you using? perhaps you should post your system specs. I just tired it out and it seemed to work fine.

I'm using Internet Explorer 6. As I said, sometimes the cart works and sometimes it doesn't; you have to go to the very last step before placing the order before the prices go haywire (if they are going to).

rpghost

First Post
I am really busy with the new store, spending most of every day there. Probably will for the next week or so.

Anwyay, I've tried this myself several times when it was reported, and again just now. Logged in, not logged in, having it auto-login, adding or removeing then adding, etc. The final checkout screen before payment always seems fine.

So my one and only ROUGH guess is that since the system uses PHP sessions and COOKIES to store information/data, maybe you have that info blocked or truned off? Can you add items to a cart while logged off? That usually means the cookie is working if you can.

I donno. I'm stumpped. I having done any recent changes to the code. In fact the file date on all the checkout code is Augest or earlier. The shopping cart coad is June. Thus I donno why this would be happing now or how to trigger it.

It must be releated to some data ... so maybe that product is entered goofy? I'm at a loss. If more analitical data is given I can try more things.

Also, try clicking through to the credit card or paypal payment. You have to enter something more on each of those pages before the payment acutally is made so don't worry -but I'm currious if the right amount is passed to the payment system and just displayed wrong.

Lastly, I donno why people do this, but this is NOT a support forum for RPGNow. We have a support forum here:
http://forums.rpghost.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=5
which we monitor. This board is NOT monitored and I only saw this after someone forwared it to me.

James

JAmes

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
rpghost said:
Lastly, I donno why people do this, but this is NOT a support forum for RPGNow. We have a support forum here:
http://forums.rpghost.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=5
which we monitor. This board is NOT monitored and I only saw this after someone forwared it to me.
Calm down, James. This is EN Publishing's fourm. The chap was having a problem with purchasing an EN Publishing product, so he asked EN Publishing for advice. Our advice, as you see, was to email you.

rpghost

First Post
Morrus said:
Calm down, James. This is EN Publishing's fourm. The chap was having a problem with purchasing an EN Publishing product, so he asked EN Publishing for advice. Our advice, as you see, was to email you.

Didn't mean to sound upset or needing to be calmed down :) Must be the long hours. Sorry. I was simply stressing that this happens a lot. People come here to complain about problems that our support team can usually take care of if they just email us. This isn't the first time, by far. Even though this guy did email me first so that's not the issue here. Just wanted to stress the point first. Sorry didn't mean to bite anyone :)

Anyway, if you're interested in what I've been working my but off on lately, check out the gallery of construction pictures here:

http://www.game-universe.com/gallery.php

Cheers,
James

Iron_Chef

First Post
Maybe my firewall had something to do with it, but if it starts to interfere with my ordering it always tells me, and I disable it long enough to place the order. I have third party cookies enabled and was logged in, making use of previously stored customer information when I attempted to place each order.

I have bought stuff from various other online merchants recently with no such price jumping problem, which leads me to believe there's something wrong with RPGNow, rather than me. I've bought plenty of times from RPGNOW in the past, and have never had this (or any other) problem before.

I was disappointed with James' customer service, but the delays are at least understandable after finding out he is opening a storefront. This was not explained in his emails to me, making it look like there was no good reason for the delayed response other than possible understaffing or inattentiveness to customer email. Of course, his response wasn't at all helpful when I did get it, but then, neither he nor anyone else seems to be encountering this problem, so having no immediate "quick fix" or explanation is to to be expected. Still, it could have been articulated better, as well as the reason for the long delay in replies provided. There is no mention of opening the storefront and/or long delays in replies mentioned on the site anywhere I could see, which would have made me less disappointed in the customer service I received.

I just tried placing the same order again a minute ago as an experiment at RPGNow and everything appears to be working fine, so maybe the situation has resolved itself. Weird.

I posted all this here only AFTER contacting RPGNOW; I did not expect to get customer service from RPGNOW in this forum. I merely thought it a good idea to inform ENWORLD Publishing of a possible ordering problem with their product which, if it was not limited to me, would surely negatively impact the book in question's sales. All the main problems were first reported to RPGNOW like any sane and responsible customer would have done, and I expected RPGNOW to resolve the matter, not ENWorld. This thread was just an FYI to the publisher, and I thought maybe they might know a faster way to get ahold of RPGNOW than I, since they had a financial stake in RPGNOW's timely fixing of this problem. Seems logical to me to post here as I did.

I was not aware RPGNOW even had a forum; if it is one that must be registered to join, I doubt I would have bothered to use it; I never use support forums if I can help it, preferring direct email contact; it makes me feel special, LOL. Their contact information is harder to find than it should be... They should have a "Contact Us" link on the TOP of every page, not way at the bottom and in tiny print as many pages are quite long to scroll down, and I'm too exhausted from looking at products to notice the small print at the bottom of the page. One should not have to hunt for where such important customer service information might be found; it looks like every link is at the top of every page, so for awhile I assumed there was NO contact information (!) until I found it by accident. Either that's bad site navigation, or I'm a moron. Naturally, I prefer to think of it as the former. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads