• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPM: Beta features update

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Cergorach said:

Let me restate it then, who do i need to visit with my goon squad ;-)

it will all come down to OGL/OGC/PI/IP licensing issues in the end. If the information can be pulled from a file sans some info RPM will be fine. All spells, feats, Classes, skills, equipment are mostly OGL or OGC. IF RPM pulls all that out i doubt there will be a problem but that is something me and luke have been talking about and will continue our discussion till we arrive at a conclusion

Luke

Explorer
Cergorach said:
Luke,

Let's concentrate on the basics, or the beta release will be many months away... If someone really wants the complex tables described above, they can as long as the basics are in.

Looks like the way to go.

Some good suggestions there, but nothing that can be quickly done and also give quick results.
I'm following the DMG tables for now..

Luke

Explorer
Leopold said:

it will all come down to OGL/OGC/PI/IP licensing issues in the end. If the information can be pulled from a file sans some info RPM will be fine. All spells, feats, Classes, skills, equipment are mostly OGL or OGC. IF RPM pulls all that out i doubt there will be a problem but that is something me and luke have been talking about and will continue our discussion till we arrive at a conclusion

Yup. Since the PreBeta and the enhancements to the BattleMap/Combat management, I've been starting to get a high percentage of requests fot PCGen import.

Any idea when the XML project might be completed (especially the characters themselves, if not the .lst files).

Regards.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Luke said:

Yup. Since the PreBeta and the enhancements to the BattleMap/Combat management, I've been starting to get a high percentage of requests fot PCGen import.

Any idea when the XML project might be completed (especially the characters themselves, if not the .lst files).

Regards.

you might have better luck importing the .pcg file which does NOT change. It is the saved character reference on the computer and it is the one static file that exists. It does contain all the PC information in one area and it is a relitively flat .txt type file.

XML is unknown..

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Erm... I just came across some things i missed before.

How do you get RPM to use a weapon two-handed and calculate the correct damage?

Natural attacks still use the standard BAB, thus if the BAB is high enough you get multiple attacks with the natural weapon.

AC isn't calculated correctly. Grimlock Bar5, Str 20, Dex 16, Breastplate +1, Dodge feat. Gets AC 20 and Dodge 0. I think it should be AC 20 (+4 natural, +5 breastplate, +1 magical enhancement) Dodge 3/4 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge).

Weapon Focus (and i think any weapon specific feat) doesn't add a bonus to attack yet.

Luke

Explorer
Grimlock stats

Cergorach said:
Erm... I just came across some things i missed before.

How do you get RPM to use a weapon two-handed and calculate the correct damage?

Natural attacks still use the standard BAB, thus if the BAB is high enough you get multiple attacks with the natural weapon.

AC isn't calculated correctly. Grimlock Bar5, Str 20, Dex 16, Breastplate +1, Dodge feat. Gets AC 20 and Dodge 0. I think it should be AC 20 (+4 natural, +5 breastplate, +1 magical enhancement) Dodge 3/4 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge).

Weapon Focus (and i think any weapon specific feat) doesn't add a bonus to attack yet.

Checked out the character as best I could with the info you provided:
- If your character isnt flatfooted (default when created), you'll see a non-zero dodge. AC seemed okay.
- Grimlock came with a battleaxe, and I added "Weapon Focus(Battleaxe)". All seemed okay. [tried uploading screenshot. Didn't work].
- It seems that the barbarian starts off with "Barbarian Rage", which does change a lot of stats. I gather you turned it off though?

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Re: Grimlock stats

Luke said:
Checked out the character as best I could with the info you provided:
- If your character isnt flatfooted (default when created), you'll see a non-zero dodge. AC seemed okay.
- Grimlock came with a battleaxe, and I added "Weapon Focus(Battleaxe)". All seemed okay. [tried uploading screenshot. Didn't work].
- It seems that the barbarian starts off with "Barbarian Rage", which does change a lot of stats. I gather you turned it off though?

-Drat! Zero dodge is explained! Thanks (do i feel stupid)!
-How do you add "Weapon Focus(Battleaxe)"? I just hit the plus button in the feats list of the creature and add "Weapon Focus", then under Subtype enter "Battleaxe". This doesn't work (at least isn't calculated in the Creature attack screen.
-How do i turn this hellish contraption off ;-) The barbrian now has a strength of 28 and a dexterity of 23, somehow it keeps adding. But where do i turn it off again (i'm getting a bit rusty)...
-Still leaves the two-handed issue...

Luke

Explorer
Re: Re: Grimlock stats

Cergorach said:

-Drat! Zero dodge is explained! Thanks (do i feel stupid)!
-How do you add "Weapon Focus(Battleaxe)"? I just hit the plus button in the feats list of the creature and add "Weapon Focus", then under Subtype enter "Battleaxe". This doesn't work (at least isn't calculated in the Creature attack screen.
-How do i turn this hellish contraption off ;-) The barbrian now has a strength of 28 and a dexterity of 23, somehow it keeps adding. But where do i turn it off again (i'm getting a bit rusty)...
-Still leaves the two-handed issue...

- Sorry. Forgot about 2 handed. Just add a second weapon to an existing attack. Make sure that the correct weapon has "Off-hand" checked.

- Use creature "Options" to turn off barbarian rage. You can find it in the "Execute Action" window under the "Options" tab.

- I have improved function accessibility significantly for the next release, and you should find it more obviously then.

- A "Recalculate (All)" should fix any multiple adding. There was a pretty bad bug in the last update that duplicated ability modifiers when you changed anything in your equipment. This is related to preparing RPM for ability modifiers in any item (especially magical). You'll find that fixed too.

I'm intending to make the next release the actual beta (when I get equipment generation done), but perhaps I need to do an update ???

Regards,

nickT

First Post
Twenty Questions problem

1. Have a default setting for 20 questions, so that you can quickly change what you don't like and then run with it.

2. have a system of attaching the results of a change of the 20 questions form to a particular race, so that users can customise their equipment lists to their campaign.

3. have an easy method of importing/exporting 20 questions responses.

4. to get round the problem of multiple non-metal items but only a few that are appropriate for a druid you need to add a category of prefered equipment for the various classes. When you choose a weapon, you have a percentage chance check (definable by the user) to see if your druid follows the common herd and has a sickle or if he is unusual and has a wooden mattock.

5. I think if you use points 1 to 3 and set up a couple of 20 question forms, you will soon find yourself flooded with custom forms for halflings, black eye clan orcs, and any other race you care to mention.

6. leave us something to do Luke! :rolleyes: if you produce as much as you hope to, us poor GMs will find ourselves redundant.

Hope this is some use
NickT

Remove ads