D&D 3E/3.5 RR2 to 3.5 spell Conversion (new spell added!)

Limper

First Post
Vampiric Weapon

Necromancy
Level: Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S, F (the weapon)
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Weapon Touched
Duration: 1/rnd level /1 hour; see text
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

The magic of this spell empowers a weapon (or single natural attack) to leech life force from your opponents. As long as the spell lasts you add an additional d6 of damage to all of your attacks with that weapon (this d6 behaves in the same manner as all additional dice and applies to the weapon wielder) the results of this die are added to your hit point total as temporary hit points. Temporary hit points remain after the spell expires on the weapon for one hour.

Ice Shards

Conjuration (Creation) [Cold]
Level: Sor/Wiz 2, Drd 3, Rgr 4
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time:
1 standard action
Range: Close (25 feet +5 feet/2 levels
Target:
Persons Targeted
Duration: 1/rnd level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell creates one shard of ice per caster levels (to a maximum of 5) granting an enhancement bonus to AC equal to the total number of shards remaining. As a standard action the caster may send one or all of the shards to attack any opponents within range. The shards require a normal ranged attack roll to hit and do d6 damage each.

Material Component: Wineskin of water

Reigning in RR2 a bit... hows it look?

Last edited:

Tywyll

First Post
Limper said:
Reigning in RR2 a bit... hows it look?

I do not know if it was intentional or not, but the d6 of temp HP is kinda weak. Since Temp HP don't stack, once you rolled 6 you wouldn't gain any more until you took damage. At best it grants you a single hit worth of (weak) DR. So, while doing the extra d6 of damage is nice, its drain 'benefit' is pretty underwhelming.

Limper

First Post
Not intentional... how would one fix that within the rules? Or would I need to make an exception statement?

I'll specify on the hwo gets the hps issue.

Remove ads