• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rrai-kesh vs. Kerall! (awaiting judgement by Graydoom)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Zappo said:
OoC: Are we going to use the safe generator for the whole match? I'd love it (of course!), but it'd mean that you could only post when the generator is up (which means, when I am up ;)).
Zappo, I plan on using it when it's available. My first two moves are in there if you check the log. If it's not up when I try to use it, I may use the regular generator or Meowthbot if I can, but Meowthbot is tough as I can't access it while at work like I am now.

graydoom

First Post
"A raven may peck at a great cat's eyes, but a perfect jaguar is truly the epitome of nature's beauty...."

1 point Kerall, 1 yen Kerall
3 flags neutral

Phoenix8008

First Post
As flying high did not avail him, Rrai strikes out low trying to wrack Kerall and quell his efforts to land another solid blow!

The manta ray quickly wracks the prairie; quells the touch of the chi!

Phoenix8008

First Post
Okay, something is weird here. I just checked the log on your move generator and it has two moves generated that I didn't do! Does this thing automatically gen moves if you switch to another web page or something? I was on that page, then went to another page and used the 'back' button to come back to the move gen page. Would that make it redo the last command it was given and gen me another move? This is the best explantation I can think of. I didn't hit the 'gen move' button since the I used it to post the move above this. What do you want me to do with the two extra moves? Use them anyway or ignore them?

Zappo

Explorer
Uhm... do you have your browser set on reloading a page every time you view it? If so, it would probably generate a move, well, every time you go back to it. My browser is set to reload a page only when explictly told, so I didn't notice it. Oh well, that's what testing is for, isn't it? Thanks for the bug report! :D

I'll find a way around that. Using the "post" method instead of "get" should do the trick...

For the current match, I would let the judge decide. Technically, the two following moves have the same value (from a randomness point of view) as any other. However, since I have an activated power - FoF - I would have an unfair advantage in knowing in advance your moves. I think we should scrap them and you should generate new ones for the next rounds.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Works for me either way, but I would rather gen new moves for the coming round like you said.

Also figured out another way to stop it. I'll just 'View the log' before I change pages so that if I come back to it, it'll just refresh the log and I can then gen a move when I need to.

Last edited:

Zappo

Explorer
Kerall sees the tigerlike humanoid perform a good Manta Ray attack. He simply steps in the only one point that he knows that kind of attack can't reach, and slowly claps his hands. "Bravo."

Then, a flurry of blows torments Rrai, while Kerall keeps talking: "It was good, and would have worked against anyone else. Well, almost... I think there's at least one other fighter,
other than me, who is known for the Manta Ray style".

The ki-rin speaks from the pillars; blocks the gaze of the orchid!

Fist of Fury: The fang torments the wetlands; absorbs the quickening of the root!

graydoom

First Post
As judge, it's my opinion that the extra moves Phoenix mistakenly generated should be scrapped, and we should continue as normal.

Phoenix, the reason that probably happened is what Zappo said -- your browser probably automatically reloaded the page when it went back to it, and upon reloading the page it also did all the behind the screens stuff that tells the server to generate a move. Best way to fix this is to set your browser to not automatically reload, but I can't remember how to do that for IE :(. Second best way is to keep a seperate browser window for the generator page, and avoid using the back/forward commands in that window.

Also, Zappo, using the post method will probably help. Most browsers are set up to prompt the user to either repost from data or not. If you set it up to use post instead of get, I'd advise you to include a note on the generator page saying something like "if you ever get asked if you want to 'Repost from data' say no".

graydoom

First Post
"Oh, terrible sadness! Why o why o why do such foolish new fighters use such ill-considered styles these days?"

2 points Kerall
2 flags Kerall, 1 flag neutral

Remove ads