• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rrai-kesh's Dojo of Clawed Fury! *All students read new proclimation!!*

Phoenix8008

First Post
Standing atop the low Guardian Range mountains where he has made a home for himself in this land of Yberia, Rrai-kesh decides that the time is right for him to take on a student in the ways of combat. Looking around, he concludes that his home will make an adequate training ground. Walking once more through his territory, Rrai surveys it and checks that each area is ready for a visitor.

In the mountain cave at the center of his realm, Rrai finishes outfitting a second sleeping mat for a student. 'This cave will prrovide us adequate shelterr frrom the elements and a strrong defensive position in case of attack.'

Leaving the cave and walking east down the path, Rrai soon enters the forested area on the mountain slopes known as the Hunting Grounds. 'A good trraining grround forr generral exerrcise and light combat techniques this is.'

Following the nearby stream back west toward the mountains, Rrai comes to the dazzling waterfall pouring down from the cliffs above. 'A good place for meditation or for strength training and rock climbing.'

Continuing west, Rrai crosses the mountain tops again. Looking around, he imagines that he can see through the mists all the way to Northguard Keep or south to the Ancient Volcano. Continuing westward though, he soon decends once more into the Desert of Gems on the western side of the mountains. Walking through the sand and rock filled area, Rrai imagines teaching and practicing some of the more explosive and powerful combat techniques here where there is no risk of harming people or nature.

Nodding to himself in satisfaction, Rrai whistles for Gal-kerr, his battle cat. Leaping into the saddle, Rrai rides forth to post notices in towns, inns, and taverns along the way. The notices read as follows:

---Black Belt Rrai-kesh seeks ONE student to train in his newly forming 'Dojo of Clawed Fury'. If you are an honorable fighter that wishes to learn Panther, Tiger, Wolf, Phoenix, Northstar, Claw, or Kama style from Master Rrai-kesh, present yourself at his new dojo for consideration. The dojo can be found in the Guardian Range mountains south of Northguard Keep, west of the Hunting Ground woods, north of the Ancient Volcano, and east of the Desert of Gems.---

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Returning home to his mountain cave, Rrai removes Gal-kerr's sadle and lets his battle cat roam freely. After eating a little, he begins running through all the kata's he knows for practice.

"I wonder if any will want such as me for a teacher?", Rrai wonders to himself.

Shaking his head to clear away such self-pitying thoughts, Rrai concentrates on his forms while he waits...and wonders.

Ciaran

First Post
A red-haired young boy charges into the cave, waving a red-and-white ball in each hand. "Hey there, Mister Rrai-Kesh!" he shouts. "I'm Rusty the Pokemon Master, and I'd like to learn your Wolf Style to use with my Pokemon!"

Phoenix8008

First Post
Raising a single furry eyebrow at the breathless youngster who has run into the cave, Rrai first wonders just what a Pokemon Master is before deciding that he had better say something...

"Grreetings, Rrusty of the Pokemon. Before I accept you as my student, I would ask that you tell me more about yourself and why you wish to learn the Wolf style from me."

*Ciaran, please post your character's stats if you would. After that I'll make it official that Rusty is accepted as Rrai's first, and probably ONLY, student.*

Oops. Just saw that his stats were in your signature line. My bad. Anyway, go ahead and post a little flavor stuff about Rusty just to satisfy Rrai's curiosity if you will. But consider your Dojo Style slot filled with the Wolf style! :D

Last edited:

Ciaran

First Post
Rusty jumps up and down. "I come from Hitomi Island," he yells, "where everything is peaceful and we live in harmony with the Pokemon! We pass the time by training Pokemon to fight each other! It's lots of fun! Here's Charizard, he's my favoritest Pokemon!" The boy tosses a red-and-white ball into the air, and it pops open to reveal a red lizard that instantly expands to twice Rusty's size. The lizard grins at Rrai-Kesh and exhales a puff of fire. Rusty squeals with glee and jumps up and down some more.

You realize that this kid must be eating way too much sugar.

Last edited:

Ciaran

First Post
"Master! I beat Slarzog and lost to Wolf Mountain! Now I gotta run and find more Pokemon! Gotta catch 'em all!"

Phoenix8008

First Post
The Dojo of Clawed Fury!

Sensai: Rrai-kesh (beneath the wings of Master Darkwolf's Dojo of the Predator)

Styles taught: Panther, Tiger, Wolf, Phoenix, Northstar, Claw, and Kama

Dojo record: 22-9

Students: Rusty the Pokemon Master- learning: Phoenix style
Rathan- stepped into the Light Path
Sanctus Togashi- learning: Kama style
Nafal- learning: Panther style

"Congrratulations, Rrusty. Always rremember to learrn as much frrom yourr defeats as you do frrom yourr victorries.

"By the way, while you werre gone, some people and theirr cat stopped by the cave looking forr you. I think theirr names were Jesse and James. Unforrtunately, I could find out no morre than that because theirr hot airr ballon then got snagged on a trree brranch and they werre blown farr away."

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
*Rathan walks calmly into the beasts dojo....*

"Good cat Rrai-kesh.... are you looking for only one student right now or could you handle another such as myself???"

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Forrgive my long time in answering you, Rrathan. I was in deep meditation."

"Though I only intended to take one student at a time, I have heard such good things about you that I may be swayed to forrsake my own policy this time to accept you as a student. Therre would be advantages to having two students who could sparr togetherr without the prresure of facing the masterr of the dojo.

"Tell me some about yourrself and I will considerr the matterr furrtherr while we have some tea."

Calling out the door, Rrai summons Rusty to prepare some tea for the three of them. After the tea is served, Rrai sends Rusty away so that he may speak with Rathan alone.

"Please, tell me of yourrself now Rrathan..."

Rathan

First Post
"Good Cat.... it all began for me a LONG time ago for me here in YBeria..... I came here looking for fame and honor.... I met my good friend Luft and we desided that something had to be done to keep evil in check.... he and I started the Temple of the Light and the Brotherhood of the Light..... Evil however had there own weapons to throw at us.... the two most dangerous of them were Meowth.... who I hear is STILL here..... and Sidhe Li's father Wicht the Wolf of Hell....."

"The Brotherhood had had enough with Wicht's nonsense and desided to take him on.... all but three fell to the Wolf of Hell.... they names were Niko as we called him......(OOC: wink wink, nudge nudge) and my friend Luft. I didn't fall to wicht.... I was turned to the dark and shame and meowth finished me off.... and Luft left Yberia never to return... the Brotherhood was disbanded.. what was left of them anyways....."

"Well... that leads to the present.... I was sent back here.... a once last chance if you will.... I have no idea who has sent me back.... or how... but I know I will NOT fail this time...."

"Thats where you come in dear cat..... I need more trianing....I need to be at my best..... you, I feel can help me with that....."

*Rathan stands and bows to Rrai*

"This I ask great Rrai-kesh.... bear me as a student.... I beg you......"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads