• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS1-Stolen University (Salix Judging)

rgordona

Explorer
After investigating the student's mind Mr Jones allows his voice to speak inside Dr Archville and Zenji's heads. "I have checked the students and someone is definitely suppressing their emotions. I tried to break through and free them but failed. Our only choice seems to be to find the Minister and confront him personally."

Raylis

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
As Jones peers into student's minds and Zenji keeps an eye on Archer, Archeville looks over the collected scientific and medical equipment.

Most of the equipment is uninteresting and fairly common, as he flips though a worn spiral notebook something catches Archeville's eye. One of the pages appears to be a map of the human genome heavilly condensed with parts of the map missing. There is a yellow Post-It note on the page reading "A challenge, Douglas Archer, can you solve the puzzle?" Next to the notebook is a soddering tool and a pair of tweezers.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
"Vhat vas zhe soldering iron used for?"[/color Archeville asks one of the scientists.

Hrrmmm... The Minister may have touched this notebook, or at the very least the post-it note, Archeville thought to himself. If I had proper equipment*, I could probably get a DNA sample from it, and track Minister down via his pheromone trail. But... maybe Mister Jones can help...

The Super-Scientist called out to his teammate, "Herr Jones! Are you any good at psychometry?"

* and a Hero Point to use on a Jury-Rig attempt. ;)

Asmor

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Hand of Vecna said:
"Herr Jones! Are you any good at psychometry?"
As the sentence with the embedded Wikipedia link leaves Archeville's lips, Zenji falls to the floor as his entire brain power is sucked into crawling the website like a drunken sailor trying to find his bunk.
[/sblock]

rgordona

Explorer
Hand of Vecna said:
The Super-Scientist called out to his teammate, "Herr Jones! Are you any good at psychometry?"

Mr Jones leaves the research subjects relaxing in the room next door and rejoins his colleagues in the lab just in time to hear Archville's question. "It is not one of my specialties, although I have read the theory and seen it done*."

"Of course we could just ask" The magician says turning to stare at one of the scientists, "Do you know in which building the Minister has his HQ?"

[sblock=actions]Mindreading 10 to spy on the surface thoughts and see if the guy thinks about a specific building but refuses to answer.[/sblock]

[Sblock=ooc]
hov said:
* and a Hero Point to use on a Jury-Rig attempt. ;)

*With a hero point to burn recovering from the fatigue of stunting, or designing a ritual, Jones could probably do some nifty object reading :>[/sblock]

Last edited:

Raylis

First Post
[sblock=Mr. Jones]
Ah! He's talking to me, okay remain calm, just anwser the question and they won't kill me...I hope.
[/sblock]

"N-no, but I overheard him tell Professor Archer he was headed to the administration building a couple hours ago. H-he could be there." The other lab workers back away from him as he speaks.

Asmor

First Post
"You heard him! To the administration building!" Zenji rushes out of the room. A moment later he returns sheepishly, asking "Umm... Anyone know which way the administration building is?"

rgordona

Explorer
As Zenji rushes back into the room Mr Jones removes his hat and produces a print out of the map the team were shown at the briefing. Showing it to the helpful scientist he asks, "Would you mind pointing out where the administration building is?"

[Sblock=OOC]Dimensional pocket to pull out a map :>[/sblock]

Remove ads