RSS Feed Down

Last edited:

grislyeye

R.G. Wood
Hi Amaril,

Thanks for that, that seemed to work. :)

However, I do notice that this link is the feed for all the forums: is there anyway I can just get a feed for the news on the front page?

TIA

That's the one thing I haven't figured out yet. I can get individual forums, including the News forums, but I can't figure out how to capture everything on the front page from one feed.

I did find one thing, but I got a message saying something about not being allowed to see future news items.

jon_m

First Post
I too would love to see RSS feeds 100% working for the site.

Admins: there is one change that I think can be made relatively easily to get it mostly working. The source code for the main page lists the RSS feed as this:

feed://dev.enworld.org/forum/external.php?type=RSS2

Individual forums such as the 4e Rules forum list feeds in their source code like this:

feed://dev.enworld.org/forum/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=317

The dev.enworld.org simply needs to be changed to www.enworld.org to get the feed to work. I bet that it's a preference that can be changed in the software to get the source to generate correctly.

The one feed that would be great to have would be a feed for the news on the front page. Anything that it posted there shows up as being under the /articles subdirectory. I can't seem to figure out if there is a feed just for those posts. The main feed listed on the main page seems to be a compilation of all posts from all forums. I think a better place for that feed would be on the main forums page.

Jon

fabneme

First Post
Since the page load takes soooooooo long (ok, the new front page doesn't, but let's be honest, the new front page is not a front page), what about fixing the rss feed?

Remove ads