• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rucks (ICC)

Greenbottle

First Post
(a voice come from somewhare closs) you should not laugh..lars a small halfing walk out from behind the horse and says .My name is Emel Greenbottle. Do you need some help to getting off your horse or do you need some help with washing up? He said this with a great deal of consern.

Last edited:

The Empire

Explorer
The Meal

The hour passes with out further event. The meal is held in the man hall of the keep. The meal is elaborate and the table is a long oak and made for small character as well as the main hall with 12’ ceilings it is very spaces fore the Halflings. There only 4 full adult Halflings Presto witch is a mammoth of a Halfling when he is next to a Halfling it is more apparent. He is around 4’tall and with the robe open is very muscular his hair is black and thick. It is well known that he was involved it the Elvin war 100 years ago but he dose not look to be any older then to have seen 50 years at the most. There is another mail Halfling he appears to be maybe 75 but seems to have suffered an accident that has left him mentally impaired as he needs to have some one feed him. There also two Halfling women of maybe 50. There also 17 younger Halfling children and the 3 young adults as well as Dorstorvesky.
Every one at the table is intruded to Lars there is Pesto and his wife Alana, Miss Catherine Greenbottle her husband is off doing something in a far off place. The drilling old man his name is Bing Hardfoot he got his mind fried trying to assassinate a High Elf lord.
Then there are the three young adults Prestige Fetherfoot, Emral Greenbottle, and a very beautiful young Halfling woman.

Last edited:

The Empire

Explorer
After the meal

After the meal Dorstorvesky asks “IS THERE ANY THING THAT ANY ONE WILL BE NEEDING BEFORE WE LEAVE? ASK NOW SO WE ARE NOT DELAYED WE WILL BE LEAVING AT FIRST LIGHT THE DAY AFTER TOWMORROW”
Presto adds “the artist from the GUILD will be here early in the morning Lars. So don’t get drunk tonight I’m told that that it causes excess bleeding and pour healing.”The children run out side after the meal to play marbles and other games. Presto and Dorstorvesky start to discus the general plan of traveling true the Elf land, using a caravan for cover or just horse and dogs to try to stay undetected. They each have large flaws of equal value. As such Dorstorvesky decides to let the company chouse as it will be everyone at risk.

Leinart

First Post
(I dont have a horse yet) To greenbottle: Lars looks around for the voice while drowning most of the contents of the horn. He merely shrugs as he whipes the mead from his chin. "Well since you already know my name that saves us some time" Lars hands him the horn. "Its been a long trip and I could use a drinking partner.. So tell me about this place" he says with a wide grin.

At dinner: Lars greets everyone heartily eyeing the odd assortment of halflings. He is holding "his" now empty horn. (He kept it assuming it was magical) He then begins questioning presto about his experiences in the elvin war with the vigor of a young man and talking to everyone at the table in between hornfulls of mead and the fine food.

After dinner: When the meal was finally over and lars was consederably full and inebriated...He contentdly belches as dors questions them. "Well if everyone else will be riding I could use a horse...Otherwise Ive got all I need" He says while patting his axe. Then he hears presto say something amid drinking another hornfull of mead....A few seconds pass then he process what presto said and gulps down the last of his mead....Lowering the horn slowly he eyes the thing warily and quickly puts it away before he can get more. When it comes time to plan the trip lars stands a little unsteadily and assumes his trademark swaggering walk over to dors and presto.

" I say we just march through their lands. A few prissy elves are nothing to worry about. Besides me and rusty should be more than enough muscle for the pointy ears" At the rusty comment he slaps dors heartily on his armored shoulder.

The Empire

Explorer
Presto “well that’s just it if the company is to move fast Dorsk will have to be in his tower, and if the company is taken by surprise he will be of little use.”
Dorstorvesky “BUT IF WE TRAVLE BY CARAVAN I CAN HIDE WITH IN ONE AND BE OF HELP IF WE ARE TACKEN BY SURPRISE. HOWEVER IF BY CARAVAN WE LEAVE AND THEN SUBSUQUNTLEY TACKEN BY SURPRISE IT WILL BOT BE A SMALL PROTROL THAT LIE AN AMBUSH. EATHERE WAY AS I SE IT I WILL BE OF LITTLE USE.”
Presto “it is the company’s experience that a small grope is more likely to ambush a regiment then to be ambushed by them.”
Dorstorvesky “THIS IS WHY I WILL NOT DESIED FOR THE TRAVLING COMPANY I WILL NOT HAVE MY FAMLY RISK THERE LIVES ON SOME ACOUNT OF MINE.”
Presto “If Sasha were here it would there would be no debate to this.”
Dorstorvesky “SASHA WOULD MAKE TRAVERSING THE ELVEN KINDOM MUCH LESS REGGRESS.”
Presto “even with the bounty on her head and owing the guild here so much I am surprised that she has not returned at the lest to see her father.”

Greenbottle

First Post
the young man stands up looks around the table. Well I could go scout ahead to see if thare are any abushis or somthing like that and keep in contact with you. Greenbottle grabs his head set and smiles.

The Empire

Explorer
Presto “Emral do you know what the Elves do to lone Halflings in there lands they always assume them to be scouts and they troche them until they talk. Now I know that you have advantages but scouting in Elvin lands is something for the experienced and with your abilities you would be better suited to defending with help and not alone. Besides if you got killed you father would never forgive any of us.”
Dorstorvesky “WITH THE COMPANY BEING AS SMALL AS IT IS A SCOUT WILL MAKE LITTLE DIFFERENCE IF THERE IS A LARGE PATROL WE WILL. IF SMALL THEY WILL LIKLEY AVOID US AND TRY TO BRING A LARGER FORCE TO US. IF THEY ARE THE OF SOME OTHER SIZE AND TACK THE COMPANY BY SURPRISE IT IS LIKLEY THAT THEY WILL WANT A BRIBE RATHER THEN A FIGHT.”

The Empire

Explorer
Morning

The tattoo for the north man is done early in the morning by a middle aged Halfling.
He says
“don’t get killed in the next 4 days or it won’t do any good it tacks the ink and magic a wile to set in.”
The tattoo tacks a half the day it looks good even thru the blood. It covers the left arm from mid bicep to the top of the shoulder and all but the in side of the arm. The tattoo is the seal of the wayfarer’s guild.
Presto
“if an Elf sees that they will throw you in the darkest hole they can find and you will never get out they will make cretin that you don’t dye until your old and useless."
As for the rings. All of you are taken to a stone table above the gate house were the rings are placed.
Presto
“the key to battle is communication. If you have better communication then it is difficult for an opponent to defeat you. If your eyes can not communicate with your hands you can not hit what you aim at. If you can communicate with out your opponent knowledge then you will be more successful. These rings will do that. The other important thing in combat is to be under estimated these rings will help with that as well. To keep thief’s at bay the rings will appear to be cursed to any one that looks hard.
Now tack the nettle before you and pierce your tongs bleed on the rings and they will be yours for ever.”

After the ritual when all are in the main yard of the keep a Halfling comes thru the gate with three light horses outfitted to ride.
Dorstorvesky
“I HAD THESE HORSES BROUT FOR YOU LARS IF WE TRAVLE ALOWN YOU WILL NEED ALL OF THEM. I HOPE THAT THEY ARE TRAND TO YOUR LIKEING.”
Presto “It has been set that you will leave tomorrow in the morning I will cook for you a special dinner and breakfast but you ought to spend the rest of the day making ready or relaxing. This will be the last chance for either of these things for quite some time.”

Remove ads