Rules Question: Retraining

KenHood

First Post
Hey,

What was the ruling for normal level-up retraining? (Not the super overhaul.)

Is retraining of class features permitted?

KenHood

First Post
Nah. I was just a-wondering.

If I recall, didn't we say that you could retrain a feat, a skill, and a power at each level or something like that?

Dunamin

First Post
Yup, its in da Holy Book:
Every time your character gains a level, you can retrain one feat, power, and skill. If new character options have been approved for play in L4W since your character’s last approval of submission or level-up, you may additionally retrain one new feat, power, and class feature (when selectable) from the new source(s).

Atanatotatos

First Post
Actually, you can retrain 2 feats or powers per level, IF one of them is frm a source that was not yet approved when you chose the feat/power you're retraining.
Basically, if you retrain a power into one that was not approved when you last leveled, you get an extra retrain.

KenHood

First Post
Okay...

So, I want Jerkwad Palindrome to replace his Warlock multiclass feat (since he has NEVER used that power) to the Bard multiclass feat (so he can get some healing). The skill from the Bard M/C feat would be Bluff, since Thievery's not on their list, which means that Palindrome's Skill Training (Bluff) would need to change to Skill Training (Thievery).

Since the Bard M/C feat was not approved when I last leveled-up, does that mean I could change one more feat?

If so, I'm probably going to dump the 'Jack of all Trades' skill and acquire a Familiar for the character.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Yes, correct. And... Palindrome with a familiar?! LOL!
Bard doesn't seem particularly appropriate, though, I must say... Wouldn't, say, rogue be a better fit?

Remove ads