D&D 5E Rumor: Hasbro is "prepping" to sell Wizards of the Coast in 2021.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
They even if they don't sell WotC as a whole, could they sell parts of it off, like the D&D division?
Hasbro doesn't sell anything, they buy and they mothball. They are unlikely to sell D&D while it is hip, but they will certainly not sell it even if it began tanking hard. They'd just sit on it till they felt the time was ripe for some nostalgic revival.

Habro is very profitable. A few years ago I bought enough of their stock so that the dividends I would earn from them would pay my estimated MtG spending. The stock has about tripled and they keep increasing their dividends as well.

They have announced a D&D movie that will come out in a few years.

D&D survived on life support between 4e not getting the sales they hoped for and 5e coming out. It is inexpensive and has a good brand. The recent popularity of 5e has just created another generation of brand devotees to mine in the future.

MtG is the main reason they bought and own WoTC. It is profitable enough that they discuss it in their earnings calls as it makes a difference in their results.

This really is a topic with zero meat to it.

darjr

I crit!
Habro is very profitable. A few years ago I bought enough of their stock so that the dividends I would earn from them would pay my estimated MtG spending. The stock has about tripled and they keep increasing their dividends as well.

They have announced a D&D movie that will come out in a few years.

D&D survived on life support between 4e not getting the sales they hoped for and 5e coming out. It is inexpensive and has a good brand. The recent popularity of 5e has just created another generation of brand devotees to mine in the future.

MtG is the main reason they bought and own WoTC. It is profitable enough that they discuss it in their earnings calls as it makes a difference in their results.

This really is a topic with zero meat to it.

WotC was bought for the Pokémon card game.

darjr

I crit!
It is apparently, for instance, in the whole background check kefluffle I’ve learned they pay for their judges own background checks, they insist on it really.

hejtmane

Explorer
Please don't joke about this stuff. It is a serious medical condition when it does happen, and if it were to happen to Morrus, he might be tempted to eliminate any of us that know his secret. So obviously fake news.

Of course it is fake news because he is really a warforged with a hamster powering his artificial heart

Remove ads