Runebound 2nd Edition or World of Warcraft the Board Game?

Asmor

First Post
By this criteria Ticket to Ride is a terrible game too. I just can't accept that.

Ticket to Ride is a low-player interaction game, but there is still some meaningful player interaction. Your comparison isn't completely without merit. However, the big difference is that Ticket to Ride is a light game that usually plays in under an hour and Runebound, frankly, is not.

It's not that Runebound's a bad game, it's that it's a bad game for a lot of players.

Holy Bovine

First Post
It's not that Runebound's a bad game, it's that it's a bad game for a lot of players.

Ah - to that I can agree. My first time playing Runebound (first for everyone involved too i might add) we had eight players. That is not an experience I would soon like to repeat :eek: For us 4 is optimal.

MadMaxim

First Post
By the way, would the miniatures from the World of Warcraft Board Game be suitable for characters in say a Dungeons & Dragons game set in the Warcraft setting (I have the old books from before they turned it into World of Warcraft Roleplaying Game)?

scitadel

First Post
I would say so. You might want to colour them yourself, but with 3 different colours per race and a LOT of different races, you can definitely do a lot. Also, generally, the bases are pretty small so you should be able to fit them into a hex (however you design that).

However, I should point out that I've not played D&D in... ummm... decades. So. Take the advice as what you will.

Psychman

Explorer
My first foray into D&D 3rd ed was in a Runebound campaign, aand we had a blast. Sometimes literally with me playing a cleric of Kellos... :)

Remove ads