• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Runebound 2nd Edition or World of Warcraft the Board Game?

Asmor

First Post
By this criteria Ticket to Ride is a terrible game too. I just can't accept that.

Ticket to Ride is a low-player interaction game, but there is still some meaningful player interaction. Your comparison isn't completely without merit. However, the big difference is that Ticket to Ride is a light game that usually plays in under an hour and Runebound, frankly, is not.

It's not that Runebound's a bad game, it's that it's a bad game for a lot of players.

Holy Bovine

First Post
It's not that Runebound's a bad game, it's that it's a bad game for a lot of players.

Ah - to that I can agree. My first time playing Runebound (first for everyone involved too i might add) we had eight players. That is not an experience I would soon like to repeat :eek: For us 4 is optimal.

MadMaxim

First Post
By the way, would the miniatures from the World of Warcraft Board Game be suitable for characters in say a Dungeons & Dragons game set in the Warcraft setting (I have the old books from before they turned it into World of Warcraft Roleplaying Game)?

scitadel

First Post
I would say so. You might want to colour them yourself, but with 3 different colours per race and a LOT of different races, you can definitely do a lot. Also, generally, the bases are pretty small so you should be able to fit them into a hex (however you design that).

However, I should point out that I've not played D&D in... ummm... decades. So. Take the advice as what you will.

Psychman

Explorer
My first foray into D&D 3rd ed was in a Runebound campaign, aand we had a blast. Sometimes literally with me playing a cleric of Kellos... :)

Remove ads