• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil covers the invisible Ipshivi with his bow as best he can, keeping his eyes open for any signs of movement other than her's.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Confident at least for now in the protection offered by her invisibilty, Ipshivi paused just briefly to examine a detail here or there. She stepped back towards the closest party member- just close enough to be heard without allowing her voice to carry to other ears. "There's some blood here- dried, but not washed away by the rain, so not _that_ old. I'm going in- just stay behind me, and look for the glowing light..."

Even as she spoke, she fished a wand from her Haversack- a moment later a very faint glowing patch appeared in the air two feet over her head. Outside in daylight, it would be invisible- even inside, it would take keen eyes to follow. Then she scampered up the steps and into the building.

OOC: Activating her eternal wand of Prestidigitation, generating a faint magical light to let her friends see (approximately) where she is- she will dispel it at the first sign of enemies. Then moving into the structure- as soon as she is inside the doors, she will move off the "floor" and up onto a convenient wall, using Spiderwalk. Invisible, Move Silent +22; Listen +12, Spot +8, Darkvision 60 feet, See Invisible

s@squ@tch

First Post
Ipshivi trudges invisibly up the steps of the giant building -- its opaque, blue crystal windows seeming almost mirrorlike in the direct sunlight.

As she gets closer to the ruined archway, even the keenest of eyes are unable to continue to pinpoint her invisible location.

[sblock=Ipshivi]
You enter what appears to be the ground floor of the building. Roughly 120' in each direction, you feel overwhelmed by the massive scale of the structure.

Along the far left wall are what would appear to be a fleet of magic lifts, similar to ones you have seen on the mainland, although sized for giants. In the south east corner, you spot what looks like to be a large stairwell.

In the middle and strewn about is debris, litter, and various clutter. Several dried pools of blood can easily be seen from your vantage point.

Along the right wall you notice a gathering of debris, which looks rather organized in assembly.
[/sblock]

OOC: Map is of entire city. You are at the entrance of Tower #1.

Attachments

• City.PNG
    City.PNG
    92.3 KB · Views: 60

Redclaw

First Post
Agitated by the waiting, Thanor strains to keep from banging his axe on his shield. I'm not fer all this sneakin' around, he grumbles quietly. If there be giants here, I'm fer findin' 'em and slicin' em down ta our size.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Yoggrith remains staring off into space... his eyes unfocused but in the direction of where Ipshivi's light had been. He had followed the small one's scampering forward, but when her marker disappeared, he did not change his field of view.

"Do not look this moment of quiet in the mouth, dwarf. If there are giants about, we will be engaging them soon enough. Pray to whichever part of the Host you look to, so that you may go to Dolurrh quickly if that be your destiny." The halfork says quietly to Thanor... before he begins silently mouthing a prayer to The Shadow.

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil remains quite as the dwarf and half-orc banter, keeping alert for signs of possible danger. Taurionamarth remains ready in his hands as he waits for their scout to report back on her findings.

drothgery

First Post
"I'd still prefer to find out what these giants are really up to before we cross swords with them." Sanne says, the voice of decades of experience as a trader coming through. "Not that I'd mind a little bit of a workout, but I'd like to know what all of this was about."

Voadam

Legend
Voadam scans around looking for evidence of where the dragon took its pillar prize from. "Aerundil, did you see the dragon's tracks anywhere around here?"

Voadam

Legend
Voadam

"I'd still prefer to find out what these giants are really up to before we cross swords with them." Sanne says, the voice of decades of experience as a trader coming through. "Not that I'd mind a little bit of a workout, but I'd like to know what all of this was about."

The wizard agrees with Sanne. "I too. That is the purpose of our mission after all."

Rhun

First Post
Voadam scans around looking for evidence of where the dragon took its pillar prize from. "Aerundil, did you see the dragon's tracks anywhere around here?"

Aeranduil shakes his head, his long auburn hair flowing about his shoulders. "No, I didn't note any dragon tracks. Humanoids, definitely. And some that look decidely giantish."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads