• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S2: War in Vastermarch - Completed

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Is Banion finished helping Torvin into his armor? If he finished in time, he will have manifested his mindblade as a free action as soon as he finished. That would allow him to throw and then manifest on his turn. Otherwise, he'll manifest it and then throw. I'll look the map over and then post an action.

Patlin

Explorer
Thrown Mindblade with PBS and Psychic Strike (1d20+13=23, 1d6+1d8+3=7)

Banion takes a 5' step to the north and his mindblade goes spinning through the air, spinning so rapidly that it resembles a horizontal disk more than a straight blade. It hits the Ettin for 7 damage as it slashes open a small wound on its forearm. He rapidly manifests a mindblade and (using his move action) recharges it.

[Alternately, Banion manifests his mindblade, gives a final tug on Torvins armor straps, and steps forward making the same throw.]

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: just in case you need the Servants' stats, they are AC 15 and 10 hit points. Nodis is well covered in his current position, so he'll probably start manifesting Astral Construct on his turn, spending 5 power points to make it 3rd level, and Focus to make it last 6 rounds. He'll give it the Mobility and Cleave options.

Boddynock

First Post
Eusebius glances around, taking in the various threats. He realizes that the one figure which they haven't been considering a danger is the herald.

"Be careful of the old orc - he may be more than he seems!" he calls to the others.

[sblock=OOC]By the way, did I ever say that Eusebius dismounted? 'Cos he would have. :) [/sblock]

rln

Explorer
OOC: I had a final prep planned, to let Ogrin move south too meet the horde there, either on top or under the wagon, thus my question. I should've been more clear. If you don't allow it as prep, he'll do it as his first-round action.

Last prep (or first round):

Seeing the two huge Ogres coming up from the rear, followed by more than a dozen orcs, Ogrin halts. To Nodis, he says "You might want to try talking whatever giants talk." His eyes then narrow, and he pushes past Lothar and Sangster, yelling "Come on you apes, you want to live forever?". He climbs on top of the wagon, puts his haversack down, and asks the oldest of the kids to "keep throwing the ceramic flasks at the orcs behind the big'uns and the blue glass bottles at the skeletons, start as soon as I do. Be careful not to break them near the wagon! Tell me when you run out."

Combat time

He then proceeds to the back of the wagon (F25), pulling out a flask as he moves, and lobs it over the ogres. It explodes in the middle of the orcs, setting one of them aflame, and showering the nearby ones with burning oil.

OOC: 3 alchemists fire, 4 acid flasks, 4 holy water in the haversack. Top of the wagon should give him (and the kids) a higher ground modifier, and perhaps even some cover? Unless I say otherwise, assume Ogrin has moved 4 points from attack roll to AC for the remainder of this combat (Combat expertise)

Did I mention I considered buying a necklace of fireballs prior to this adventure? :uhoh:

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana Hayes HP:55/55 PP:11/15 AC:21 DR:3/Ad

OOC: Sorry, work had be busy for a few days. Juliana had her Guisarme in hand earlier, and would have activated Thicken Skin for +2 AC (4PP, so down to 11/15, Last 50 minutes). Also, given that fact, she wouldn't have beem that close to #13 (IE: she would have been far enough way to attack him with her Guisarme if she saw fit, though I guess she still can with a 5' move). I'll pop in a bit later and post an action.

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer reaches into the pouch at his belt pulls forth a pinch of dust. He throws it toward the huge giant and a burst of bright, twinkling dust envelopes the area around the giant. He then slips from the side of his horse, hoping to round it up later if they are fortunate enough to win the battle.

OOC: Cast glitterdust (10 ft radius, Will save DC 15 or blinded, duration 5 rounds) targeting Validus, orc 13, and as many other orcs and zombies as possible, without hitting Juliana. Then dismount (dismount as free action (1d20+4=24)). Beamer would like to move away from the skeletons, but I'm not sure there is any free space with the press of bodies and horses. If there's nowhere for him to move away from the skeletons, then he will take cover from Validus behind the wagon.

Spells remaining: 5/5/4

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Ogrin has time to get his plan into action before combat starts. Is he giving all the flasks to the kids then, except the one he threw? And which flasks are which? ceramics are alchemist fire? And acid? I can guess what the blue ones are. The wagon is open, and mostly filled with various food, wager kegs, and supplies.

I'll move Juliana back 5 feet on the map. There's a lot to keep track of in this battle, including Ogrin's Combat Expertise and Razh's racial combat bonuses. You guys will have to help me out as usual. I'll got enough info to get it started. This will be a challenging battle for me to run as a DM. I'll try to get it going today.

Last edited:

Remove ads