S3: The Scythe of Seto (Bront Judging)[Completed]

Patlin

Explorer
"Sinking the thing in a pool of lava would at the least make it difficult to retrieve." Banion murmurs.

He thinks to himself that if the god were to get directly involved, all bets would be off.

SlagMortar

First Post
"I can't think of any options to add to your list, Rasereit." Beamer's eyes light up a bit as he continues, "I have heard of some powerful magics that can turn an item or a man into a fine powder, or change an object completely into another, or even let a man turn into a dragon so we would not need to find one. But I have never seen anyone capable of creating such. Poto, have you heard of a wizard called Trimble who lives east of the Gypsy Inn? A dwarven merchant told us he crafts magic weapons and armor. He might also know how to unmake such a weapon. If not, then I think Ogrin's Volcano is our best option, unless we can find out some more information about this God's Furnace. I mean, if a dwarf is recommending we use a ship, that must mean its a good idea, right?"

Manzanita

First Post
"I'm never heard of this 'Trimble, though he sounds worthwhile to talk to if we had the time. In any case, the fact is," Poto says, then pauses to take a long pull of his ale, "I'm part of a bigger organization. I am able to contact them for assistance, and this seems like a prime time to do so. There are few items around as dangerous as this scythe, I fear. I will come to the stables, er, your 'quarters' in the morning & let you know what I've found out, if anything. Good night."

Ogrin pokes around that evening a bit more on Poto. He finds out only things he already knows, that Poto owns a magic shop, and has an eccentric, though kindly, reputation. One halfling stable boy, however, whispers to Ogrin that he thinks Poto is actually a halfling, not a gnome. He certainly can speak the halfling language anyway.

I'm going to skip to morning, but let me know if there's anything else you want to do.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
In the morning, Poto Knezer shows up bright and early, looking very excited. He's wearing a bright green robe, and a purple conical hat.

He ushers the group together in the privacy of a horse stall. "Ah. I have good news. I don't know how accurate the story about the falling rock is, but I am informed that our best bet for destroying this weapon does indeed lie in the Silverwoods. In fact, I am told to contact this very Trimble of whom you spoke. How did you know him?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
In the morning (or the evening, whenever Poto isn't present really), Rasereit converses with Ogrin and the others. "Alrigh', Ah'm all for gettin' rid o' this thing, but who's this Poto fellow anyway? Father Eusebius, did ye know 'im before now? Is 'e a member o' yer church? Ah mean, the way he's talkin', the weapon ye got is a divine artifact, of great importance an' all that. Ah'm no cultist meself, but what better way t'steal such a thing than to lure some hapless adventurers like ourselves into yer lair, in the middle of an unpopulated forest? Just seems fishy t'me, that's all.

"It's your mission, though, Father. Ah'll do whatever ye think is best."

OOC: Not sure, but I don't think Banion has made it known to Rasereit that Poto's his uncle.

SlagMortar

First Post
"There was a dwarven merchant that gave us a ride on the way here. I don't remember his name, Reinart maybe, but he was a goodly fellow. He asked if we wanted to buy any magic weapons as he apparently had a somewhat exclusive contract with Trimble to sell them. I do try to remember when someone tells me about an important and powerful wizard, though I've had few occasions to need one before," he finishes with a smile.

OOC: That sounds better than the dwarf's story stuck in the head of this force that directs my thoughts and created me out of his imagination because said force had another figment of his imagination gain Trimble's help in repairing an imaginary fey killing sword. Right?

Patlin

Explorer
"Poto is a relative, at least of a sort. I gather he's a bit odd, but he doesn't have what I'd really call a bad reputation. I'd be willing to take what he says at face value until proven otherwise."

SlagMortar

First Post
"You know, Eusebius mentioned he can use a spell that reveals falsehoods. Maybe we should use that, just in case. If Poto is really worried about the weapon falling into the wrong hands, he should understand that we can't take any chances."

rln

Explorer
Evening: Ogrin nods at Razh's words. "It seems awfully convenient that he's here and just happens to know about the scythe. How do we know he's not in league with Seto's people?"

Patlin

Explorer
"If my cousin were a follower of Seto, I think I'd know about it." Banion puts in. "The Lorishes are always in and out of one anothers business, and that's not the sort of secret that would keep."

Banion's starting to get anoyed at the repeated suggestions that Poto is not to be trusted. He agrees that suspicion is good as a general rule, but enough is enough.

Remove ads