Pathfinder 1E Sacred Geometry - Ladies and gentlemen, Pathfinder has jumped the shark

Obryn

Hero
Sly Attack: Roll a d20 for an attack roll, and set a similar die to 20 in front of you. Roll your Attack as normal, but pretend you just rolled the 20. If nobody catches you, it's a critical hit!

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Karate Moves:

Break a stack of wood with your bare hands. If successful, your character breaks any non-magical item. If you said "hi-yah!" correctly, you break a magical item instead.

Thaumaturge.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
What, empower metamagic with Prime Numbers?

Regardless of how broken that may or may not be, it should be called "Sacred Numbers," not "Sacred Geometry."

("Geometry" is more about shapes and logical proof. Prime Numbers are "Number Theory.")

reiella

Explorer
What, empower metamagic with Prime Numbers?

Regardless of how broken that may or may not be, it should be called "Sacred Numbers," not "Sacred Geometry."

("Geometry" is more about shapes and logical proof. Prime Numbers are "Number Theory.")

I would point out that Sacred Geometry is most likely a reference to the Cult of Pythagoras/Pythagoreanism and not simply just geometry as we have with the modern understanding.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
IT'S A MAGIC SEVEN
mathematician.png

It's a feat that is impractical for most players to actually use, but if that caused the game to jump shark, it would've been jumped long ago. Like, at launch.

Kinak said:
I'm sure plenty of people never do that, although it hadn't occured to me to wonder how many before. It's certainly how numerologists deals with numbers, which is assuredly why it's in Occult Mysteries.

None of which means this is great game design, but I'd enjoy a game more and slow down play less using this than summoning monsters. So you can blame me, I guess?

Heh, you likely captured the logic behind it (and that it's not necessarily hard for some folks). It's just impractical, unwieldy, lengthy, a test of player skill rather than character ability....

There's probably better ways to represent numerology in D&D.

Branduil

Hero
Quantum Memory

Prerequisites: One blank index card, one erasable writing instrument, such as a lead pencil.

Benefit: Write down this feat on the index card using your writing instrument. While no one is looking, you may erase the text of this feat and replace it with any other, writing down its own unique text using your writing instrument. You must meet the prerequisites of any feat you write down, and you must also ritually sacrifice your Dungeon Master's sanity each time you make use of this feat.

Obryn

Hero
Woodslore: Pause the game (probably after someone casts dispel magic). Travel to a nearby park and pick five random flowers or five different leaves from trees, or any combination. None of the plants may be the same species. If you can correctly identify all species of trees, you and your allies get a +1 to Survival (Forest) checks for the next 8 hours.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I would point out that Sacred Geometry is most likely a reference to the Cult of Pythagoras/Pythagoreanism and not simply just geometry as we have with the modern understanding.

Speaking of Pythagoreanism, could you recommend a few good books or web resources I might use to read up on that in more depth?

Remove ads