Safehouse map in adventure 5?

iserguy

Explorer
Hey guys, not sure if I'm missing something or if the book is missing something, but I am preparing for my party to investigate Soknik Repairs in Adventure 5 and as I was looking over the map for the tunnels to the safehouse of the radical eschatologists and am a little confused. There are numbers and several notes that are not explained on the map. The next page does explain some of the traps, but the numbers in that section do not seem to match up with the numbers on the map and some of the notation is just confusing. Such as "At the threshold of every turn or T-juncture, the hallway is framed by an arch of white stone." but on the map it only shows these white arches on a few of the intersections. Any clarification on how this section is supposed to be run would be appreciated!

Huh, I never realized we'd misnumbered that. Sorry. Probably a situation where the text got edited after the map was commissioned. Honestly, the map is kinda messed up and doesn't make sense even to me, now that I look at it. All the intersections should have white archways, and . . . yeah, I think we were just in a big rush when we got this map.

The basic gist is, ignore the numbers on the map.

A safe path is:

• Down from safehouse. Go east (to avoid rune trap to west).
  • South, west at cave-in. Take sewer access down.
  • Head due south through sewer, go back up to tunnel level.
  • East past one intersection, then south off the map, east, north back onto the map (bypassing rune trap).
  • East, north, west (bypassing pit trap and fool's door, though the party will probably see the door and go investigate).
  • North, down a slope, east, north, get stuck in threshold trap.
  • Reach the safehouse.

al_fredo

First Post
I ran this more conceptually. Just saying that they were finding there way around, and they encountered all 3 traps along the way.

hirou

Explorer
My players got flustrated midway through the maze, detected the general direction to the hideout with magic (I honestly can't remember the exact method, but it was clever enough to work) and tunneled through one of the dead ends. Bypassing half the traps on the way, of course.

Noodle

Explorer
Was that map just in the PF version or something? I didn't see a map at all for this encounter. I fudged the tunnels, similar to al_fredo, and then made my own map for the safe house out of MapTool tiles.

Remove ads