Pathfinder 1E [SAGAWORK STUDIOS] Competition: A Pathfinder GAMEMASTERY GUIDE is up for grabs!

I’m an April fool, it seems. The last post on my website was April 1st, where I announced that the World of Llandover was to be the universe in which Sagawork Studios’ Adventure, Dungeons and Danger Game Modules took place. Llandover was taken from the Llandovery epoch, intimating that the campaign setting was set in another period of Earth’s history –one that has been since washed away in a diluvial catastrophe. Things were fine until I discovered that fantasy author Terry Brooks has already used a very similar term some years ago. Right from the outset, I do not want our respective works to be confused, so a name change is required. Amid the chaos of the last three months, I have stolen time here and there, working on mastering my design techniques by creating a better logo, along with a different name that still captured the feel of what I was trying to do. That being:

OLD SCHOOL ADVENTURE MODULES THAT COMMONLY USE ASPECTS OF EITHER SWORD AND SORCERY OR LOVECRAFTIAN/CTHULHU MYTHOS IN SOME WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.

I have tentatively titled the world ELDER REALMS but I want to see if the RPG community can come up with an even better name.

As an incentive, a hardcover Pathfinder GameMastery Guide is up for grabs!!

What you have to do:

Come up with a title:
  1. That is reflective of generic game modules. This title needs to be ‘at home’ on the title area of any type of game module. Examples could include bloodthirsty swashbuckling adventure, gothic horror, exploring an abandoned Grecian style island-city, an oriental themed ghost story or assaulting the fortress-tomb of an age old necromancer king.
  2. That is 3 words or less. You may mash words to your heart’s content.
  3. That avoids ‘made up’ names in the title (‘World of Mytzplk’ for example). There are enough published campaign worlds out there which do that.
  4. That is not a mouthful, or has a silly acronym.
  5. That attempts to take itself a little seriously. Overtly silly titles –intentional or not– will be discounted.
  6. OPTIONAL: That contains a hint of ‘old school rpg’, or Lovecraftian mythos or is a little ‘Sword and Sorcery’-like. (The works of David Gemmell (especially), RE Howard, Fritz Leiber et.al.). This is optional but would be looked upon with favour. If you are asking why, please investigate Horror at Dagger Rock.

DISCLAIMER:
Here are the boring bits. Make sure you read them before posting
  • Paizo LLC is in no way affiliated with this competition.
  • This is informal. I’d like to see if you can wow me with a title better than my own. Suggest one and you are in with a chance to collect a Pathfinder GameMastery Guide. It is that simple.
  • This is open to the entire RPG community.
  • Posters need to appreciate that whatever title is selected, becomes (or remains) Product Identity of Sagawork Studios (So, don’t suggest it unless you are happy to lose it). This is important! Posting a title here means that you agree to this. For more information regarding Product Identity, please consult the Open Gaming License. Elder Realms is considered Product Identity belonging to Sagawork Studios.
  • Sagawork Studios has the final say in the matter and also reserves the right to rule that none of the titles are suitable.

*In the case that a title is suitable a ‘winner’ will be announced.
    *In the case of any title not being suitable, a ‘runner-up’ will be announced.
    *Whichever ends up being the case, a one person will be chosen from the thread (either a winner or a runner-up, not both) and that person will receive a new, hardcover Pathfinder GameMastery Guide.​
  • You have until the 2359(11:59pm)PST, 31st July 2010. The winner (or runner-up) will be announced on www.sagaworkstudios.wordpress.com and on this thread within 48 hours of that deadline. The onus will be upon the announced winner (or runner-up) to make his or her personal details available to Sagawork Studios.
  • The prize is fixed and is not negotiable, exchangeable or transferable.
  • This is a creative thread, not a critiquing thread. Be mindful of your fellows.

Questions?

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
Here's my entries;

Henge Realms (or Kingdoms) (or Lands) (or Dales)

Forsaken Henge Realms (or Kingdoms) (or Lands) (or Dales)

Lost Henge Realms (or Kingdoms) (or Lands) (or Dales)

Misty Henge Realms (or Kingdoms) (or Lands) (or Dales)

Shadow Henge Realms (or Kingdoms) (or Lands) (or Dales)

ruemere

Adventurer
Lat's nail it down:
  • You need a name for your setting.
  • The setting belongs to world of another, legendary epoch.
  • The genre is Sword and Sorcery, with a touch of Cthulhu Mythos.

Let's try use something classic, shall we?

• First Age of Bronze (based on Greek Bronze Age)
  • Beyond Land of Nod (according to reinterpretation, Land of Nod is the same as Land of Exile or Land of Wandering)
  • Journey of the Lost (inspired by Journey to the West and Lost World)

Regards,
Ruemere

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Aetheria.
The Broken Realms.
Autarchia.
The Autocracy of Nails.
The Autocracy of Silence. (Actually, that might work better for a thieves' guild or the like.)
The Silent Realms.
The Dreaming Lands.
Aulderrealm.
Grumptopia.

The Auld Grump

Sigurd

First Post
I vote for 'The Auld Grump'! Thats a great name.

Each subsequent module could be called Son ## of Auld Grump.

Sigurd

ruemere

Adventurer
But then he would relinquish the rights to the use of that term. And our Auld Grump would cease to be...

Regards,
Ruemere

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
My turn...

Here are my "entries":

Archaic - applies to any ancient civilization, sword and sorcery and "older".
Primevil - similar to the top, but the words "prime and evil" have a nice ring.
Epoch

In that order. You can add - realms, Age of ... (whatever you see fit), but I prefer single word or Epoch RPG for a solid recognition value, good for marketing. I think Archaic is best, however.

GP

Azmyth

First Post
I offer for your re-consideration:

"The Endemic Terrene"

Andrew, no insult intended! I simply liked the way the words sounded together.
"No worries, m8!"

Last edited:

Remove ads