Sagiro's Story Hour: Now That It's Over

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
In the middle of reading the second book, greatly enjoying it. It's been a long time since I read the campaign though... so I forget: what system were you using to run the game?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

SolitonMan

Explorer
How far into the story hour does book 1 and book 2 take you? (IOW, how many books will there be to complete the story hour? :) )

I'd estimate the first two books cover about half of Part 1 of StevenAC's collected Story Hour PDFs. Give or take a bit (not sure how much commentary is included in the PDFs).

remetagross

First Post
Just finished the whole campaign, after having discovered it in a GitP thread suggesting good campaign logs to read...
Well now I don't want to read anything else, because it most likely won't be as incredibly good as this one :D once again, congrats Sagiro - you turned the fun at your table into an incredibly immersing and heartracing story for us all to read. And you stayed commited to your story hour for so long ^^ I for one particularly liked the lack of epilogue, after a second of disappointment; it really showed how all was said and done, and that the characters so seflessly sacrificed themselves to save Abernia that, as long as the world lives on, their fate does not really matter.

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
In the middle of reading the second book, greatly enjoying it. It's been a long time since I read the campaign though... so I forget: what system were you using to run the game?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

Glad to hear you're enjoying the book! (And please consider leaving a review on Amazon/Goodreads when you're done. :) ) The original campaign started in 2nd Edition D&D, moved through 3rd Edition, and finished up in 3.5E.

As of early February, I'm about 40% done with the first draft of Book 3.

Sagiro

How far into the story hour does book 1 and book 2 take you? (IOW, how many books will there be to complete the story hour? :) )

The books don't map perfectly to the campaign, since I changed a bunch of stuff, dropped some side-quests, etc., but

Book 1, The Ventifact Colossus, goes through (shockingly) the summoning of the eponymous beastie.
Book 2, The Crosser's Maze, covers the entire journey across Kivia to find (shockingly) the eponymous artifact.

[Warning: Spoilers ahoy in the following descriptions!)

Book 3, tentatively titled The Portal in the Woods, will cover the short period of time between the party's return to Charagan, and the Battle of Verdshane.
Book 4, tentatively titled The Infinite Tower, will be primarily about the journey into Het Branoi to retrieve the third Eye of Moirel.
Book 5, tentatively titled A Splinter in the Heart of the World, will be primarily about the party's journey into the subterranean depths of Spira to prevent the arrival of the Adversary.

There is, I'd estimate, about a 10% chance that either Book 4 or book 5 will be long enough that I'll have to split it into two volumes. But right now I'd say 90% likely the series ends with five books.

Sagiro

Hey there!

It's difficult to tell from the way you phrased it, but in case you don't know: Book 2 -- The Crosser's Maze -- is already out and available on Amazon.

The stats for Null Shadows are included in StevenAC's PDF compilation of the Story Hour. If you go here:

http://stevenac.net/sagiro/SH_Part_1.pdf

...and search for "Greater Null Shadow" (or just scroll to page 282) you'll see them written up. Note that this was many years ago, and so the stat block is a 3rd edition relic.

carborundum

Adventurer
That reminded me to go reread the whole SH. Ik currently up to page 397 of part one and loving it once again! The masterful juggling of plot threads and the occasional RB-ness (eg Farazil and Ernie's mom) is wonderful, and inspiring too!
We've been playing published adventures for years now, due to jobs and kids, but I'm very tempted to get my own campaign together again. So thanks again, Sagiro!

And male-Aravis seems weird now! :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases