• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour Returns (new thread started on 5/18/08)

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Sagiro said:
With the departure of the staff, the glow also fades from the man who had been holding it. The Lord of the Roses’ features are revealed, and the party stands agog. Surely they are being deceived.

It’s Sagiro Emberleaf.

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. Absolutely brilliant!

Dakkareth

First Post
Shame on me, but could someone enlighten me to the significance of that? It's been a long time since I read the early records of the company ... :confused:

KidCthulhu

First Post
Oh, it was classic. When Sagiro (the NPC, not the person) dissapeared, we spent years joking that every bad guy we met was him. Then, when they weren't and the joke got old, we stopped doing it.

And only then did Sagiro (the Rat Bastard, not the NPC) bring him back.

Dumbfounded doesn't begin to describe it.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Fade said:
Refresh my memory about Sagiro? I'm getting him confused with Parthol.

From the "Abernathy’s Company, Dramatis Personae",

"Sagiro Emberleaf, a.k.a "the Weasel" - an apparent collector, known to be working with the Sharshun; deceased?"

It's not Sagiro's (the DM's) fault that the party decided not to "travel to nowhere" after Sagiro (The Weasel) till now. :p

p.s. according to the Charagen Campaign website, this November your group will reach 10 years real time :eek:

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
when I opened the thread, I opened the bottom of the page. I avoided reading any spoilers I scrolled up, until the second last line of Sagiro's post.

*bangs head on desk* that's like peeking at a movie trailer before you see the movie

Enkhidu

Explorer
What's the chance of you piping that taped session into an mp3 so that we might hear the shock and awe at the table after that little revelation?

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Fade said:

He's one of the party's first nemesis (nemesese?) - I think he was probably the first one who established the "polite=enemy" pattern that is often remarked on. Looking back at the old logs, he first showed up in session number 3, I think. He was believed killed, but his body was never found...

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
Fade said:

Sagiro "The Weasel" Emberleaf was first seen in Tal Hae, an apparent mercenary who hired on to help protect the same merchant wagon as the Company, on a trip from Tal Hae to Calnis. It was later learned that the merchant hired the Company at the urging of Sagiro; for some reason, the mustachioed one wanted to get to know Abernathy's gang. As Kid Charlemage said, that was Run #3.

In the first series of adventures, Sagiro was an off-the-screen figure of great annoyance. The Company was sent by Abernathy to procure a cursed magic item, only to find that Sagiro had already been there and had bought it first. When the Company was then sent to retrieve the Matun Essendi, they had to fight off some competing thieves who they later learned were working for Sagiro.

The Weasel next turned up at the Mirrors of Semek, where the Company had been sent to observe "Flashing Day." That was the day a Sharshun vanished in the center of the Mirrors while holding an Eye of Moirel. The Company suspected Sagiro of being involved, but couldn't prove anything. That was Run #14.

The Company's next meeting with Sagiro was at the auction in Minok, where an Eye of Moirel was up for bidding. Sagiro was in the auction house, though he didn't actually bid on the Eye. After the auction, the Company helped Sarai (who had won the Eye fair and square) fight off some attackers who included one of the other bidders. When that bidder was questioned, he admitted to the party that he was working for Sagiro and the Sharshun. That was Run #29.

Finally, about a year into their adventuring career, the Company was sent to Longtooth Keep to secure yet another Eye of Moirel (that turned out to be the green one.) Sagiro showed up and attempted to steal it, but in the ensuing battle he was knocked off a steep mountainside by a lightning bolt. His body fell into a raging river far below, and that was the last the Company saw of him, until he showed up as the Lord of the Roses.

In real time, Sagiro fell off the cliff in 1997 (Run #43), and wasn't seen again until 2004 (Run #169). His reemergence in Het Branoi was long planned, and a tough secret to keep for so many years. :)

-Sagiro (the DM)

Redwald

First Post
Sagiro said:
Finally, about a year into their adventuring career, the Company was sent to Longtooth Keep to secure yet another Eye of Moirel (that turned out to be the green one.) Sagiro showed up and attempted to steal it, but in the ensuing battle he was knocked off a steep mountainside by a lightning bolt. His body fell into a raging river far below, and that was the last the Company saw of him, until he showed up as the Lord of the Roses.

In real time, Sagiro fell off the cliff in 1997 (Run #43), and wasn't seen again until 2004 (Run #169). His reemergence in Het Branoi was long planned, and a tough secret to keep for so many years. :)

Bravo, Sagiro. Had I been one of your players, I no doubt would have goaded you into bringing him back -- or so I'd have thought -- by calling the site of Sagiro (Emberleaf)'s disappearance as "Reichenbach Falls". :)

Remove ads