• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour Returns (new thread started on 5/18/08)

Everett

First Post
On pg. 45 or so:

IT’S NICE TO MEET YOU, ERNEST WILBURFORCE ROUNDHILL

“Who are you? Do you have a name?”

WE DO NOT TAKE NAMES TO OURSELVES. THAT IS A POWERFUL ARTIFACT YOU WEAR.

“Cranchus gave it to me.”

A WISE DWARF HE IS. HE KNOWS OUR WAYS.

Ok then.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Sagiro said:
Hi everyone.

Updates are likely to be even fewer and farther between than usual for the next couple of months. We're "crunching" on BioShock at work, which means late nights every night and leaving me even less time than usual to work on the Story Hour.

I suppose that next you'll claim you couldn't work on an update because of your daughter's birthday. Hard to believe she is turning 2 in about 2 weeks.

KidCthulhu

First Post
Everett said:
On pg. 45 or so:

IT’S NICE TO MEET YOU, ERNEST WILBURFORCE ROUNDHILL

“Who are you? Do you have a name?”

WE DO NOT TAKE NAMES TO OURSELVES. THAT IS A POWERFUL ARTIFACT YOU WEAR.

“Cranchus gave it to me.”

A WISE DWARF HE IS. HE KNOWS OUR WAYS.

Quite true this is. Because in various prophecies, the belt Ernie wore was referred to as "Cranchus' Gift". We hadn't met him, but as it was his gift, Ernie felt safe invoking his name.

Sagiro said:
A huge humanoid figure appears in the cavern, standing forty feet tall. It looks like a cross between a dwarf and an Earth Elemental. It looks down upon the assembled company and its voice booms out.

“WHO DARES APPROACH MY DOM... WELL, BLESS MY BEARD!”

[...]

The dwarf vanishes. A moment later, at the base of the strangely flat side of the cavern, a small doorway appears as if created with stone shape. Out comes the dwarf, still tall for its race, standing almost five feet high.
Looks like Cranchus has been taking lessons from the Wizard of Oz. ;)

sniffles

First Post
I've got a question regarding the Story Hour itself. I maintain four Story Hours for my group, and no non-players ever post in them. The players don't post in them often, either. Someone is obviously reading them judging by the view count, but no one is making comments.

But I see an awful lot of comments in this Story Hour. Pages and pages of them. Many of them I know are from the players in the campaign, but not all.

I'm just curious: Do you think you get a lot of comments from readers because the players make comments? Is it because the story is told in third-person narrative? Or is it because this story hour has been running so long and has such a devoted readership?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads