D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Lets not forget the Gish cast shield.

He has the Clerics 3 attacks (smites) plus whatever the Sorcerer and you throw at him to survive yet (no counterspells).

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Forget it. Just use the same rolls on one of the mooks, which means no disadvantage. At least we can hopefully clear one of them off the map and free up some space.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Forget it. Just use the same rolls on one of the mooks, which means no disadvantage. At least we can hopefully clear one of them off the map and free up some space.
He suggested you sneak attack over the railing then disengage, that could work nicely

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
He suggested you sneak attack over the railing then disengage, that could work nicely
No, he's saying I can't attack while in someone else's space, and there are no clear spots. Sorry, other DMs that I play with have allowed it, so I guess I forgot about that. Plus, I missed the bit about the Gish being prone, and also, there's still the disadvantage issue. I just don't think it's happening on this round.

Do you still want to use your bonus action to stab or for something else?
I might as well stab the other mook that's within melee range. Let me know if it hits.

I apologize if I am jumping the gun here. It looks like the Rogue is almost done.
------------------------------------

Alvin staggers as the steel wind blades scrape across his armor, but the flickering form of the mage catches his eye this time. With a grunt of pain, he pushes through it and watches for an opening - crossbow bolts go clickety-clack, and the predator-shimmer topples to the ground right beside him - this is it!

"If you keep that up, you might hurt someone. I think it's time for you to take a nap!"

And then his weapon is swinging down, a soft blue light covering the blade.
You are used to it by now; Alvin always spares the lives of those he fights.
-------------------------------------------

1st Attack: 15+11+2 = 28 vs Gish
Using a 3th level smite. 1d6+5d8+8= 48 Non-Lethal

Remove ads