D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I apologize if I am jumping the gun here. It looks like the Rogue is almost done.
------------------------------------

Alvin staggers as the steel wind blades scrape across his armor, but the flickering form of the mage catches his eye this time. With a grunt of pain, he pushes through it and watches for an opening - crossbow bolts go clickety-clack, and the predator-shimmer topples to the ground right beside him - this is it!

"If you keep that up, you might hurt someone. I think it's time for you to take a nap!"

And then his weapon is swinging down, a soft blue light covering the blade.
You are used to it by now; Alvin always spares the lives of those he fights.
-------------------------------------------

1st Attack: 15+11+2 = 28 vs Gish
Using a 3th level smite. 1d6+5d8+8= 48 Non-Lethal
Looks like you don't need it for this attack, but remember you just got a Bardic Inspiration (1d12)!

I'll assume that's what you mean (I cant see anything in Peace Paladin that looks relevant).

It's not enough to drop him to zero HP.

However....

1624767758937.png

He screams out as he becomes visible!

Remaining attacks?

I'll assume that's what you mean (I cant see anything in Peace Paladin that looks relevant).
Yep! It's just shorthand for "I intend to knock them out if they are reduced to 0 by my melee attack."
Figured it would be better to announce it during the attack phase. Speaking of attacks, do you allow bonus actions in between attacks?

If so, Bonus Action: Scimitar of Speed against the Gish! Bardic Inspiration!
8, 5 +11+6= 25 vs Gish
10 Slashing
(pretty much always going to avoid killing people when possible).

Last edited:

Have to crash to sleep. Here are the rest of my actions, in handy IF/THEN/ELSE format.

IF that knocks the Gish unconscious, THEN I shove the githyanki to my W one square to the W and hopefully off the side of the boat.
Athletics check is 3+14= 17

OTHERWISE I just attack the Gish a third time.
7, 11+11= 22 vs Gish
11 Slashing

No movement.

Yep! It's just shorthand for "I intend to knock them out if they are reduced to 0 by my melee attack."
Figured it would be better to announce it during the attack phase. Speaking of attacks, do you allow bonus actions in between attacks?

If so, Bonus Action: Scimitar of Speed against the Gish! Bardic Inspiration!
8, 5 +11+6= 25 vs Gish
10 Slashing
(pretty much always going to avoid killing people when possible).
As you attack the Gish, suddenly three images appear as if from nowhere.

Your sword lunge strikes one of the images, causing it to dissapear

Have to crash to sleep. Here are the rest of my actions, in handy IF/THEN/ELSE format.

IF that knocks the Gish unconscious, THEN I shove the githyanki to my W one square to the W and hopefully off the side of the boat.
Athletics check is 3+14= 17

OTHERWISE I just attack the Gish a third time.
7, 11+11= 22 vs Gish
11 Slashing

No movement.

Your third attack also strikes an image causing another to dissapear.

Remove ads