D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
First use Second Wind.

1d10 (10) + 15 = 25

Then shoot the gith.

Attack 1
To Hit: 1d20 (2) + 10 = 12
Damage: 1d6 (4) + 18 = 22

Attack 2
To Hit: 1d20 (4) + 10 = 14
Damage: 1d6 (3) + 18 = 21

Attack 3
To Hit: 1d20 (19) + 10 = 29
Damage: 1d6 (4) + 18 = 22

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Thats alright mate, I wasnt being a dick
It's all good. Sorry if I sounded cranky. :)

It only took half your move to get to the side, you still have an action and a bonus action left. Let me know what you want to do with them.
In that case, I'll step back and use my bonus action to Hide (stealth roll 16 + 10 = 26.) I have the mobile feat, so my total move is 35--that should be enough to get me to a crate or something.

Readying an action to shoot my bow at the first hostile to attack one of my party members; attack and damage rolls as above in post #416.

It's all good. Sorry if I sounded cranky. :)

In that case, I'll step back and use my bonus action to Hide (stealth roll 16 + 10 = 26.) I have the mobile feat, so my total move is 35--that should be enough to get me to a crate or something.

Readying an action to shoot my bow at the first hostile to attack one of my party members; attack and damage rolls as above in post #416.
Cool!

Next up is the Cleric

With the final githyank unconscious or dead, Alvin heaves a sigh of relief a little too soon. The cries of dragon go up, and he leans over the edge of the ship to take a peek, then quickly ducks back down and whispers a quick prayer of soothing words. He steps confidentially around his companions, briefly resting a hand upon their shoulder with pale blue light lingering in his wake. And once his allies are given this brief respite, he continues striding around the deck of the ship, offering this blessing to any among the crew who have fallen or look desperately injured.

"Be on your guard. The beast may strike the boat from the bottom and send us sprawling!"

--------------------------------------------------------

Channel Divinity: Balm of Peace
As an action, you can move up to your speed, without provoking opportunity attacks, and when you move within 5 feet of any other creature during this action, you can restore 2d6+2=9 hit points to that creature. A creature can receive this healing only once whenever you take this action.

Healing the party first, then spreading it around to as many NPCs as possible.
Then I use my normal move to jog to where I started the battle (next to the rail) and hold on tight. Just in case.

With the final githyank unconscious or dead, Alvin heaves a sigh of relief a little too soon. The cries of dragon go up, and he leans over the edge of the ship to take a peek, then quickly ducks back down and whispers a quick prayer of soothing words. He steps confidentially around his companions, briefly resting a hand upon their shoulder with pale blue light lingering in his wake. And once his allies are given this brief respite, he continues striding around the deck of the ship, offering this blessing to any among the crew who have fallen or look desperately injured.

"Be on your guard. The beast may strike the boat from the bottom and send us sprawling!"

--------------------------------------------------------

Channel Divinity: Balm of Peace
As an action, you can move up to your speed, without provoking opportunity attacks, and when you move within 5 feet of any other creature during this action, you can restore 2d6+2=9 hit points to that creature. A creature can receive this healing only once whenever you take this action.

Healing the party first, then spreading it around to as many NPCs as possible.
Then I use my normal move to jog to where I started the battle (next to the rail) and hold on tight. Just in case.

OK; everybody in the party (other than yourself) heals 9 HP.

Round 6.

The winds have now totally calmed, an eerie silence replacing the clash of battle and the howling of the storm.

Sorcerer: You're up.

Bard, you can then take your turn as well if you want.

Asisreo

Patron Badass
Alright, lets see what we can do now...

I'm going to cast Quicken Telekinesis on the Dragon that they're riding. If I don't end up succeeding the contest against the dragon on my bonus action, I'll use my main action to try again.

Otherwise, I'll use my main action to cast firebolt on the rider.

First attempt: [14]+6 = 20

Second attempt: [11]+6 = 17

(If they don't exceed 20 on their first Strength Check or 17 on their second, they are restrained and unable to move. Its not a saving throw and it doesn't use skills, just raw STR)

Also, I'll push them back 30ft.

If they fail their first check/contest, Firebolt does

To Hit: [16]+12= 28

Damage: [6]+[10]+[6]+5 = 27

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Just to be clear of the surroundings:

No Gith mooks are left (last one just fell).

The Gish is nowhere in sight.

I was made aware of the (red?) dragon (and dragon riding gith) which coming in under the ship and about 80 feet away? Can I see them coming?

Alright, lets see what we can do now...

I'm going to cast Quicken Telekinesis on the Dragon that they're riding. If I don't end up succeeding the contest against the dragon on my bonus action, I'll use my main action to try again.

You fly 10 over and look down and can see the Dragon roughly 90 feet below you (it was 80' down, and you are 10' up).

Out of range of TK.

What now?

Just to be clear of the surroundings:

No Gith mooks are left (last one just fell).

The Gish is nowhere in sight.

I was made aware of the (red?) dragon (and dragon riding gith) which coming in under the ship and about 80 feet away? Can I see them coming?

Yes to everything other than seeing the dragon - it's coming in from under the ship (you can always go look over the edge if you want).

Remove ads