D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I'm sitting at 94 HP, but reluctant to lose my advantage from hiding. However, I'll do it if the sorcerer doesn't have the HP.

19 - 13 slashing, 15 psychic
26 - 14 slashing, 17 psychic
27 - 11 slashing, 22 psychic

Cleric, I'll await your response (and if you're still up) after these three attacks.
19 - Misses.
26 - Hits, but Fighter takes it.
27 - I go down.

Death Saving Throw on my turn (with Inspiration!)
Natural 1, 10 = 10

19 - Misses.
26 - Hits, but Fighter takes it.
27 - I go down.

Death Saving Throw on my turn (with Inspiration!)
Natural 1, 10 = 10

Keep your inspiration because:

I'm sitting at 94 HP, but reluctant to lose my advantage from hiding. However, I'll do it if the sorcerer doesn't have the HP.

The Rogue appears from nowhere to take the hit for you.

Rogue, tick off the damage.

Cleric, it's your turn.

Alvin holds an arm before his eyes as the flesh scorching flame licks across his armor, leaving the heated metal to melt into his skin with a sickening stench. And when the dragonrider comes for him, he can barely move in time to block the first blow, then watches helplessly as two of his friends take blows in his stead. He realizes they need to stop holding back, or they won't even live long enough to reach Carceri.

"ENOUGH! I'm sorry, but everything you love is going to be destroyed by the Mad Titan. Your ship! Your horde! All of it!"

And then his blade is lashing out at the Kith'rak in a flurry of soft blue light. These were going to sting.
-----------------------------------------------

Attack 1: 17+11=28
10 Slashing*
Attack 2: 13+11=24
12 Slashing*
Attack 3: 12+11=23
14 Slashing*

*Also, Smiting as often as possible:
The 1st successful hit adda a 4th Smite + Blessed Strikes 6d8 = 26 Radiant.
The 2nd successful hit adds a 4th Smite 5d8 = 18 Radiant.
The 3rd successful hit adds a 3rd Smite 4d8 = 20 Radiant.

Alvin holds an arm before his eyes as the flesh scorching flame licks across his armor, leaving the heated metal to melt into his skin with a sickening stench. And when the dragonrider comes for him, he can barely move in time to block the first blow, then watches helplessly as two of his friends take blows in his stead. He realizes they need to stop holding back, or they won't even live long enough to reach Carceri.

"ENOUGH! I'm sorry, but everything you love is going to be destroyed by the Mad Titan. Your ship! Your horde! All of it!"

And then his blade is lashing out at the Kith'rak in a flurry of soft blue light. These were going to sting.

10 Slashing*
12 Slashing*
14 Slashing*

The Gith is under the effects of a Blur spell so I'm going to need those attack rolls at disadvantage.

10 Slashing*
12 Slashing*
14 Slashing*

18, 11, 18
Brings the second one down to 22.

That's some impressive rolls (again!). You also forgot your Emboldening bond +1d4.

Regardless, all three hit for the sum of 100 damage, and the first one drops his blur spell as well.

It's now round 7 and the Sorcerer.

Remove ads