• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Asisreo

Patron Badass
"I do not believe they can be much reasoned with, we should finish this off post-haste."

I'll make sure to move so that he's in range.
I'm going to cast Quicken Dispel Magic targetting him (3rd-level), getting rid of all the spells on him (even non-con higher-level spells). If he has any more than just blur effecting him and he has higher-level spells, I'll roll two ability checks to dispel those as well (DC10+spell level).

Dispel Magic high-level 1: [17]+6=23 (instant dispel)

Dispel Magic high-level 2: [12]+6=18 (8th-level or lower successfully dispelled).

I'll then cast Firebolt at him and use 1 sorcery point for fire resistance.

Firebolt: [9]+12=21

[4]+[5]+[4]+5=18 fire damage

"I do not believe they can be much reasoned with, we should finish this off post-haste."

I'll make sure to move so that he's in range.
I'm going to cast Quicken Dispel Magic targetting him (3rd-level), getting rid of all the spells on him (even non-con higher-level spells). If he has any more than just blur effecting him and he has higher-level spells, I'll roll two ability checks to dispel those as well (DC10+spell level).

Dispel Magic high-level 1: [17]+6=23 (instant dispel)

Dispel Magic high-level 2: [12]+6=18 (8th-level or lower successfully dispelled).

I'll then cast Firebolt at him and use 1 sorcery point for fire resistance.

Firebolt: [9]+12=21

[4]+[5]+[4]+5=18 fire damage

Done.

By my reckoning you've now used 36 charges from your staff, 12 SP, a 6th and 2 x 1sts.

Sound about right?

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Also, @Mort

Bards turn.

OK,

Quite worried about that dragon and the gith could drop the Cleric, don't think the Gish has enough gas left to counter (hopefully) so :

Bonus action :

Unsettling words on the dragon (minus 1d12 to next save)

Action :

Hold Monster 7th level (up to 3 targets, can't use 6 that's gone):

Dragon
Gith on the Paladin /cleric

IF the Gish is a valid target (he's within 30 feet of the dragon but not the gith) and not 100% sure I can see him, then him too.

DC 18 WIS save
No movement yet.

Last edited:

OK,

Quite worried about that dragon and the gith could drop the Cleric, don't think the Gish has enough gas left to counter (hopefully) so :

Bonus action :

Unsettling words on the dragon (minus 1d12 to next save)

Action :

Hold Monster 7th level (up to 3 targets, can't use 6 that's gone):

Dragon
Gith on the Paladin /cleric

IF the Gish is a valid target (he's within 30 feet of the dragon but not the gith) and not 100% sure I can see him, then him too.

DC 18 WIS save
No movement yet.
Gish you cant see (Only the fighter can at present).

The Githyanki Kith'rak passes, but the Dragon fails and is paralyzed!

While I wait for Mort to roll me that die, Amaz the Gish will have his turn.

Furious at the Sorceress for shattering his magic, he elects for a last desperate roll of the dice.

He flies out from the window towards the Sorceress, and attacks her with his longword... twice.

Attack rolls are:

10 (18) - 5 slashing and 9 psychic (ergh)
19 (27) - 9 slashing and 21 psychic (better!)

@Asisreo and everyone else, let me know any reactions you want to take here. Everyone has one except the Fighter and Rogue.

Guess whos breath weapon just recharged.

[evil grin]

Lucky you Held Monster him, or else it would about to get very messy indeed.

Speaking of the Dragon Crimsontide, it's now his turn. He's paralyzed from your magic. Ill let you make the Wisdom save for him at the end of his turn mate.

He needs a 14 or higher to break the spell.

Let me know how he goes.

Remove ads