• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Hey man its cool; you were trying to save the Sorcerers bacon!

Just waiting on any reactions from the Sorcerer or Cleric before I proceed with the Dragon (ouch).
AND to add insult to injury (mostly mine) I can't endure elements because I just used my reaction! Altruism sucks.

AND to add insult to injury (mostly mine) I can't endure elements because I just used my reaction! Altruism sucks.
The Peace Paladin looks sternly in your direction...

Now for the ouchy bit.

Crimsontides head pivots and he grins a toothy smile and then he breathes flames upwards at the Bard, Sorcerer and Fighter (who are all midair) missing the Rogue and the Cleric.

37 Points of Fire damage. DC 17 Dex saves for half. Dont forget your d4's.

Only the Cleric has a reaction left at this stage to help any of you, and he's badly wounded.

Asisreo

Patron Badass
[4]+(d4=3)+4 (if in paladin's aura; +5) = ugh... 11 (16 in aura, really wished I had rolled 1 higher).

I have fire resistance, though, so I take half

18 fire damage puts me at 42 HP.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
The Peace Paladin looks sternly in your direction...

Now for the ouchy bit.

Crimsontides head pivots and he grins a toothy smile and then he breathes flames upwards at the Bard, Sorcerer and Fighter (who are all midair) missing the Rogue and the Cleric.

37 Points of Fire damage. DC 17 Dex saves for half. Dont forget your d4's.

Only the Cleric has a reaction left at this stage to help any of you, and he's badly wounded.
Roll: 12
Bonus: 8
Paladin aura: 5

So: 25

Damage: 18

I'm at 57 HP

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
I teleported to 5 feet of the cleric to take the hit earlier if that'd make any difference.

1d20 (15) + 11 = 26

So you want to teleport after the Bard teleports (and before he takes damage), taking the damage yourself.

It's permissible rules wise, and I know due to the forum we're doing the adventure in I need to be flexible with delays in reading and posting, but I cant help but shake the feeling that you're only taking the damage because you now know he failed his Con save (which happened after taking the damage).

@Seramus would you have interrupted the Bard and taken the Hit before he rolled his Con save if we were at the table (i.e before he took the damage)?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads