D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Okay, so the Fighter and Rogue fail, and the rest pass.

33 Necrotic damage for the Fighter and the Rogue as the sickening radiation of the out of sync lower plane plane scours your soul.

Half that (16) for the 3 x Casters.

DC 10 concentration save for the Bard and Sorcerer as well, seeing as you're concentrating on spells each of you.

Once they're done, I'll tell you what you all see on the other side (grins evilly).

The adventure continues...

After enduring the apocalyptic visions, and soul burning negative energy as you step through through the color pool, you all gather your senses as you encounter a strange and horrific sight on the far side of the portal.

The area is bleak and grey and a howling sound can be heard all around. In the distance a mountain can be seen; a bright light shining like a beacon on the top of the towering edifice.

Sitting on a rock, 60’ from the color pool is a large winged Devil, of noble bearing, an iron mace resting in his lap, and with a maw filled with rows of large jagged teeth. Next to the devil are 4 shambling zombies, one a human in full plate, one an elf in robes, one a dwarf in chain mail, one a half elf in leather armor. The Devil tosses a rock up and down in the air - with horror you realize its the same one tossed in by the Cleric earlier.

A shattered greatsword lies on the ground near the Devils feet.

The Devil looks you over briefly, and then speaks:

Ahhh (he sneers, his horrifically fanged mouth distending as he does so). More mortals to provide me with entertainment (he briefly glances towards the shambling undead, his sneer turning to a toothy grin).

Tell me mortals, who are you, and what brings you to this accursed place?

What do you do?

Last edited:

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Arcana check:

15+2 = 17

Bartholomew should probably be the one talking. I'll post after I know if I can recognize anything from the situation.

Arcana check:

15+2 = 17

Bartholomew should probably be the one talking. I'll post after I know if I can recognize anything from the situation.
On first glance a Pit fiend. At least. You think he's likely Infernal nobility, a Duke perhaps but you cant put your finger on it, or his name.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I'll wait a moment to see if anyone else provides any insight.

My inclination (as counterintuitive as it sounds) is to be fully up front with this being and see if he can provide a direct path to where we need to go, this is far from our turf. A (reluctantly) trust but verify situation (helped along by the, hopefully correct, divination).

Thoughts (recognizing we don't exactly have long to figure this out and discuss)?

Remove ads