D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Asisreo

Patron Badass
I'm going to use my staff to cast Dispel Magic on the ground in front of me (discrete). If its a spell that is higher than 3rd-level, here's my ability check:

[15]+6= 21

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I'm going to use my staff to cast Dispel Magic on the ground in front of me (discrete). If its a spell that is higher than 3rd-level, here's my ability check:

[15]+6= 21
Hmm, I probably didn't notice so moot point - but I think we need this being (divination and the fact that he likely knows what we need) and pissing him off might not be the way to go? So I'd try diplomacy first?

Anyway I'll wait a few more minutes (real time) and then launch into some diplomacy.

Edit: By real time I meant above game. In game It'll be near instantaneous because I don't want this being to have too much time before I can talk.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Ok:

Bartholomew will address the pit fiend with all of the dignity and flattery reserved for a high noble,

The upshot will be a highlight of what is actually going on (figure he knows most of it already and if not, some risks must be taken) and that we MUST get to the engine as soon as possible to prevent catastrophe to this place as well as the prime and other planes (I am trying to stick to the truth, so If what I just typed is not accurate - I'm absolutely meaning to be accurate). Basically explain our purpose and that we do not wish to otherwise impose.

I will also weave in, subtly, that while I am being polite, we COULD approach from a position of strength and force our way in - but out of respect (as I'm sure this being assumes he's due) are not doing so. Basically, convey strength as opposed to weakness,

The point will be to see if I can guide him to "decide" to show us what he can (hopefully a clear way to where we need to go).

That a pretty clear outline of what I'm trying to do?

Ok:

Bartholomew will address the pit fiend with all of the dignity and flattery reserved for a high noble,

The upshot will be a highlight of what is actually going on (figure he knows most of it already and if not, some risks must be taken) and that we MUST get to the engine as soon as possible to prevent catastrophe to this place as well as the prime and other planes (I am trying to stick to the truth, so If what I just typed is not accurate - I'm absolutely meaning to be accurate). Basically explain our purpose and that we do not wish to otherwise impose.

I will also weave in, subtly, that while I am being polite, we COULD approach from a position of strength and force our way in - but out of respect (as I'm sure this being assumes he's due) are not doing so. Basically, convey strength as opposed to weakness,

The point will be to see if I can guide him to "decide" to show us what he can (hopefully a clear way to where we need to go).

That a pretty clear outline of what I'm trying to do?
Yep that makes sense.

Just waiting on confirmation from the sorcerer above and the other PCs to chime in with anything they want to add

Remove ads