• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Ok,

Bonus action:

Bardic Inspiration on the fighter (d12, only lost if successful).

Action:

Let's try a hypnotic pattern (4th level slot used, or of 3rd) on the 3 trolls directly above me. DC 18 will save with disadvantage. They would be incapacitated with 0 speed (unsure if this makes them fall, I would think not)

So focus on the ones not charmed and then pick off the charmed ones.

Edit: if I can then duck behind some cover I will, otherwise no movement.

Ok,

Bonus action:

Bardic Inspiration on the fighter (d12, only lost if successful).

Action:

Let's try a hypnotic pattern (4th level slot used, or of 3rd) on the 3 trolls directly above me. DC 18 will save with disadvantage. They would be incapacitated with 0 speed (unsure if this makes them fall, I would think not)

So focus on the ones not charmed and then pick off the charmed ones.

Edit: if I can then duck behind some cover I will, otherwise no movement.

They all fail the saves, and the Fighter has Bardic inspiration now.

But you thought wrong on the falling bit...

Flying Movement​

Flying creatures enjoy many benefits of mobility, but they must also deal with the danger of falling. If a flying creature is knocked prone, has its speed reduced to 0, or is otherwise deprived of the ability to move, the creature falls, unless it has the ability to hover or it is being held aloft by magic, such as by the fly spell.

Combat

So Hypnotic Pattern charms, and incapacitates them and reduces their speed to zero... and as they lack the ability to hover (they have the flight speed of a Vrock, and it lacks the Hover trait), they then fall 30' taking 3d6 (12) bludgeoning damage each (which also wakes them out of their stupor). They are no longer subject to the charmed or incapacitated condition and can move as normal, but are however now Prone.

It's also now the Trolls turn!

Before I do that though, I just realized I skipped the Rogue this turn.

Ill let her take her turn before the Trolls.

At present we have 1 Troll fighting the Rogue and the Cleric (off to the tree 15' to the East of your starting positions).

There are three currently Prone, in among the Fighter and the Bard in your rough starting positions.

The Sorcerer is 60' above the battlefield and invisible, and above this melee of the 3 Trolls, Bard and Fighter.

Two more Trolls are flying in, one over the water to the East, and one just in front of the Rogues starting position (both Dodging).

Ill update the map after the Rogues and Trolls turn.

@jayoungr

Remove ads