• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

It has wings, so I guess dropping it prone would make it fall into the river. Good opportunity to figure out how bad falling in is.

Shooting the east one with the hand crossbow:

Attack 1
To Hit: 1d20 (2) + 10 = 12
Damage: 1d6 (5) + 18= 23

Attack 2
To Hit: 1d20 (10) + 10 = 20
Damage: 1d6 (3) + 18 + Trip Attack d10 (10) = 31, STR save 18 or fall prone

Attack 3
To Hit: 1d20 (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d6 (5) + 18 = 23

Attack 4
To Hit: 1d20 (6) + 10 = 16
Damage: 1d6 (6) + 18 = 24

If it does fall in the river, just use the last two attacks on the one that got hit by the Firebolt, and regardless move to next to the one attacking the Rogue.

It passes its Strength save, and is still up (and flying).

Reaction: Uncanny dodge to halve the damage of the second attack.

(PS: The third attack missed me. My AC is 19.)

Yep; just the two hits.

You should really be using UD on the first attack that hits (as you wouldn't yet know if the others would hit or miss yet, or what the damage would be) but I'll let it fly this time.

It has wings, so I guess dropping it prone would make it fall into the river. Good opportunity to figure out how bad falling in is.

Shooting the east one with the hand crossbow:

Attack 1
To Hit: 1d20 (2) + 10 = 12
Damage: 1d6 (5) + 18= 23

Attack 2
To Hit: 1d20 (10) + 10 = 20
Damage: 1d6 (3) + 18 + Trip Attack d10 (10) = 31, STR save 18 or fall prone

Attack 3
To Hit: 1d20 (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d6 (5) + 18 = 23

Attack 4
To Hit: 1d20 (6) + 10 = 16
Damage: 1d6 (6) + 18 = 24

If it does fall in the river, just use the last two attacks on the one that got hit by the Firebolt, and regardless move to next to the one attacking the Rogue.

Can you also roll a second d20 for attacks 2-4?

You're at disadvantage as it took the Dodge action

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
(Assuming that at least some of the ones that attacked the sorcerer are within reach: )

Alvin strides confidently towards the Sorcerer, his scimitar swirling in his hand. "Come at me, by Dawn, if you dare," he curses. He strikes, one, two, three.

OOC: Move: up to 30' towards Sorcerer, doing his best to make himself a target.

Attack:
strike 1: 1d20+11=25 for 1d6+8=10 magical slashing damage, plus 1d8=6 radiant damage (blessed strike), plus 2d8= 9 radiant damage (smite, level 1)
strike 2: 1d20+11=17 for 1d6+8= 12 magical slashing damage (if a hit).

Bonus (scimitar of speed):
strike 3: 1d20+11=28 for 1d6+8=14 magical slashing damage.

(Assuming that at least some of the ones that attacked the sorcerer are within reach: )

Alvin strides confidently towards the Sorcerer, his scimitar swirling in his hand. "Come at me, by Dawn, if you dare," he curses. He strikes, one, two, three.

OOC: Move: up to 30' towards Sorcerer, doing his best to make himself a target.

Attack:
strike 1: 1d20+11=25 for 1d6+8=10 magical slashing damage, plus 1d8=6 radiant damage (blessed strike), plus 2d8= 9 radiant damage (smite, level 1)
strike 2: 1d20+11=17 for 1d6+8= 12 magical slashing damage (if a hit).

Bonus (scimitar of speed):
strike 3: 1d20+11=28 for 1d6+8=14 magical slashing damage.

The Sorcerer (and the 3 Trolls fighting him) are 30' up in the air.

However, you DO have enough movement to get to the Troll Fighting the Rogue, and sufficient reach to swing at it (they're 10' up in the tree 15' to the East of your PC) so you can more direct your three attacks above against that one if you want?

Asisreo

Patron Badass
Reaction: Shield

Damage actually taken, 44.

I also assume that my Protection from Good and Evil did absolutely nothing as they must not be Abberations, Fiends, Celestials, Elementals, Fey, or Undead. If they were, they'd have disadvantage. If not, I'm going to drop my concentration on it.

Reaction: Shield

Damage actually taken, 44.

I also assume that my Protection from Good and Evil did absolutely nothing as they must not be Abberations, Fiends, Celestials, Elementals, Fey, or Undead. If they were, they'd have disadvantage. If not, I'm going to drop my concentration on it.

That saves us a couple of saves!

No they're Trolls (Giants). No-one made the Nature check (or Investigated the scene really, other than from a distance, which also failed) but here you all go anyway:

Troll Freaks. Their regenerative capabilities make trolls especially susceptible to mutation. Although uncommon, such transformations can result from what the troll has done or what has been done to it. A decapitated troll might grow two heads from the stump of its neck, while a troll that eats a fey creature might gain one or more of that creature’s traits.

Troll

These guys killed and ate Vrock ichor (the sludge left after a Devil dies). It... reacted rather oddly with their metabolism causing a few changes to their physiology (and alignment)!

Also if you're curious as to 'why Trolls':

Trolls inhabit the swamps of Othrys (the first layer of Carceri). This was not only because it was their favorite terrain but also because the Titans did not want the trolls in their vicinity...
Othrys

I deliberately placed monsters in areas that made sense.

I'm a Lore tragic.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads