• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Move: Run to the tree to the southeast and climb up 10 feet (does not require extra movement thanks to second-story work).
(Note:
My move speed is currently 45 feet per round thanks to the mobile feat and the longstrider effect of the caduceus, so I should be able to reach it even with the difficult terrain.)
Bonus action: Hide, with advantage from Cloak of Elvenkind. Stealth rolls are both 15 + 10 = 25.
Object interaction: draw bow.
Attack the bird-troll with half cover, assuming advantage from being hidden: 13 16 + 10 = 26 to hit.
Assuming that hits, weapon damage is 3 + 5 = 8, plus 26 for sneak attack = 34 total.

(By the way, are we following the standard that half my spent arrows can be recovered after a fight?)

(Also, do the feathers on these birds look like the ones we just saw scattered around the pool of ichor?)

Last edited:

Move: Run to the tree to the southeast and climb up 10 feet (does not require extra movement thanks to second-story work).
(Note:
My move speed is currently 45 feet per round thanks to the mobile feat and the longstrider effect of the caduceus, so I should be able to reach it even with the difficult terrain.)
Bonus action: Hide, with advantage from Cloak of Elvenkind. Stealth rolls are both 15 + 10 = 25.
Object interaction: draw bow.
Attack the bird-troll with half cover, assuming advantage from being hidden: 13 16 + 10 = 26 to hit.
Assuming that hits, weapon damage is 3 + 5 = 8, plus 26 for sneak attack = 34 total.

(By the way, are we following the standard that half my spent arrows can be recovered after a fight?)

(Also, do the feathers on these birds look like the ones we just saw scattered around the pool of ichor?)
Don't worry about arrows, and the feathers look familiar.

Otherwise yep- everything else works fine, you nail the troll, and youre up the tree and no longer hidden. Didn't look like it injured it as much as you thought it would though...

Sorcererr.

Asisreo

Patron Badass
I'll fly up 30ft and target the same trollbird as the rogue just did with Firebolt.

"Ugh, pests. I hate vermin almost as much as I hate devils."

Firebolt: [8] + 12 = 20

Damage: [4] + [7] + [3] + 5= 19 fire damage.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Closest definitely seems within 60', so I'm just going to Viscously mock it.

DC 18 will save, if fail :

[1,3,2]=6 psychic damage and disadvantage on its next attack.

Next comes the Trolls.

The one that got burnt, clearly did NOT like that. He spreads his wings, and flies over to the Sorcerer, where he attacks her:

Attacks are:

19: 9 piercing
20: 10 slashing
25: 16 slashing

The second one bursts from its cocoon, and flies over to the Rogue attacking her:

26: 7 piercing
21: 11 slashing
11: 7 slashing

3 and 4 also fly over, and also... attack the Sorcerer!

23: 7 piercing
18: 14 slashing
10: misses
9: misses
13: misses
(natural 20!): 21 slashing

Trolls 5 and 6 (the furthest away) fly 60' towards the party, and Dodge (taking an evasive flight pattern).

Fighter you can take your turn while we wait for any reactions from the Rogue and the Sorcerer.

Last edited:

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
It has wings, so I guess dropping it prone would make it fall into the river. Good opportunity to figure out how bad falling in is.

Shooting the east one with the hand crossbow:

Attack 1
To Hit: 1d20 (2) + 10 = 12
Damage: 1d6 (5) + 18= 23

Attack 2
To Hit: 1d20 (10) + 10 = 20
Damage: 1d6 (3) + 18 + Trip Attack d10 (10) = 31, STR save 18 or fall prone

Attack 3
To Hit: 1d20 (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d6 (5) + 18 = 23

Attack 4
To Hit: 1d20 (6) + 10 = 16
Damage: 1d6 (6) + 18 = 24

If it does fall in the river, just use the last two attacks on the one that got hit by the Firebolt, and regardless move to next to the one attacking the Rogue.

Remove ads