• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Okay, pretty sure we're done analyzing the scene (@Mort your checks dont reveal anything else). I'll take it that you guys all elect to push on (warily) as time is now of the essence.

Sorcerer, I'll assume you have Prot from Evil and Good running. Rogue, I'll assume you remain up the front in party formation of Rogue - Fighter - Cleric - Sorcerer - Bard.

As you advance from the clearing, and towards the foothills of the mountain for another 30 minutes or so, the swamps dry out a little, and the vegetation starts to become more prevalent. Strange alien plants spring up all around, and the cries of unseen creatures can be heard off in the distance.

A muddy clearing opens up in front of you. Pools of murky floodwater from the River Styx are traversable by fallen logs, but the ground is otherwise muddy and sticky. On the far side of the clearing, approximately 200' in front of you, a trail up the mountain is visible. Scattered about the clearing, partially concealed by foliage are six strange pod like structures (Perception DC 10 to notice, you all made it) ; resembling large (roughly 5' tall) blue green fruits or eggs of some nature.

1627274148480.png

1627274799340.jpeg

The Rogue motions for you all to stop and points them out to you; as she does so the one nearest to you peels open on the top, and a horrific screeching can be heard as a hideous blue green creature bursts up out of the pod.

It resembles a troll, but with a blue-green plumage of scattered feathers, glowing red eyes, and wings that it unfurls from its back!

You all barely have time to take this in, when the other pods also start to open...

- Roll initiative.

I'll also take Nature checks from anyone proficient (or the Bard again, and also from the Fighter seeing as he has a good chance to know what these are) if you want them.

Rogue, you're up. Maps above.

The water around you looks like floodwater from the River Styxx. You've heard thats bad. The ground on the map is solid but muddy and slippery (difficult terrain).

The one closest to you has emerged partly from its cocoon (half cover). The rest have full cover from the cocoons (they've yet to emerge).

What do you do?

Its 2am here so I'm off to bed.

Sorcerer, once the Rogues finished, let me know what you want to do.

Bard feel free to follow suite if its appropriate.

Remove ads