• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Well that wasn't the plan, but yeah.

I think the only way this works now is for everyone to, clear the area (more AoOs) and for both the sorcerer and myself to unload a fireball.
With ranged attacks (rogue and fighter) and cleric can whack them move, we should be able to kill all these bozos.
You guys cant easily see the HP totals either (you could normally metagame that a bit on a real table).

That said, if you'd kept tabs on the posts, Trolls 1 and 2 (who were fighting the Cleric and Rogue to the East) had both gone down (thanks largely to the action surging Fighter) and Troll 4 (the one immediately south of the Fighters last position before he moved) also copped 3 sharpshooter crossbow bolts (one with a menacing attack slapped on) as well.

Those ones (the ones I called out as 'bloodied' above) should have been a bit easier to track.

I am mindful its a bit confusing though, so that's why I called them out as bloodied and numbered them above to make your turns a bit easier.

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
Shoot the ones that just got up, T1 and T2:

Attack 1: 1d20 (19) + 15 = 34
Damage: d6 (2) + 8 = 10

Attack 2: 1d20 (7) + 15 = 22
Damage: d6 (5) + 8 = 13

Then attack the one that got Firebolt'd, I think it'd be T3:

Attack 3: 1d20 (4) + 10 + Precision Attack d10 (4) = 18
Damage: d6 (3) + 18 = 21

Attack 4: 1d20 (5) + 10 = 15
Damage: d6 (4) + 18 + Menacing Attack d10 (10) = 32, Wis save 18 or be frightened

Mort

Legend
Supporter
@Kobold Stew If T1 or T2 somehow doesn't drop from the fighter, whack them then move a bit south so you're out of fireball range. That work?

Since the sorcerer is 30' up a fireball should be able to get all of them but T6, at this point.

Shoot the ones that just got up, T1 and T2:

Attack 1: 1d20 (19) + 15 = 34
Damage: d6 (2) + 8 = 10

Attack 2: 1d20 (7) + 15 = 22
Damage: d6 (5) + 8 = 13

Both go down (nice metagaming with the lack of sharpshooter use, but fair enough I guess!)

Then attack the one that got Firebolt'd, I think it'd be T3:

No that's T6.

Attack 3: 1d20 (4) + 10 + Precision Attack d10 (4) = 18
Damage: d6 (3) + 18 = 21

Attack 4: 1d20 (5) + 10 = 15
Damage: d6 (4) + 18 + Menacing Attack d10 (10) = 32, Wis save 18 or be frightened

T6 also goes down, screaming in terror.

Cleric, you're up next.

@Kobold Stew

Asisreo

Patron Badass
If I'm expending that many resources on fireball, I'd feel better bringing out the Fire Elemental and letting it walk through the trolls. But honestly, I might just Scorching Ray the lot of them.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I can also Wall of fire from my lyre, which would get 4 of them certainly killing 2 and probaly T4 as well. Plus softens them up to actually drop them dead.

Actually, if you can kill T2 (should be trivial, he's almost dead) Wall of fire will get T1,T3, T4 and T5 (not ALL of them will drop but it will get us a good bit of the way there).

Edit: Wow that's a bit confusing didn't see @Flamestrike 's post before I posted! But I think the wall of fire plan is really sound seeing as T6 AND T2 are down - just need to apply fire to T2 and T6 if possible.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I can't produce any fire!" Alvin calls out in frustration, as a troll punches into the open wound in his belly.

He slashes with his scimitar at the creatures approaching him, attacking the one healthiest of the foul creatures first, until he falls, before moving on to the other.

OOC: HP 90-20=70/115.
Attack: strike 1: 1d20+11=30. Damage = 1d6+8=14 magical slashing. Plus 1d8=3 radiant (first roll only; sorry)
strike 2: 1d20+11=16 (miss? If not, damage = 9 magical slashing).

Bonus: strike 3: 1d20+11= 23. Damage = 1d6+8=9 magical slashing.

Move: 20' south, getting clear and risking AoOs.

Remove ads