D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Okay, here's the level 15 rogue I've put together, with help from @Mort (thanks, Mort!):
Looks Good!

I will say that Sentinel is an odd choice on a Rogue! I usually see Alert or Lucky.

Are you sure you want monsters attacking you instead of the Fighter?

Also; Tashas Cunning Aim bonus action is in play as well (as are all the options from that book)

Ellina Dreek

The only thing I haven't picked is magic items.

Thanks to UMD, you can pretty much pick anything remember (you ignore class and race restrictions on items).

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I will say that Sentinel is an odd choice on a Rogue! I usually see Alert or Lucky.

It's a strategy I saw suggested on a blog; I admit I haven't tried it. But the idea is to use my bonus action to Hide, wait for the target to attack the fighter, and then pop out to get an extra attack (potentially with Sneak Attack). However, I don't want to skew the exercise with something overly experimental, so if you think one of the others would be a more representative choice, I'm willing to swap.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Looks Good!

Also; Tashas Cunning Aim bonus action is in play as well (as are all the options from that book)

Not to give away the game but consistent backstab on a reaction - pretty nasty!
Thanks to UMD, you can pretty much pick anything remember (you ignore class and race restrictions on items).

Holy avenger, you know you want to!

Potential Players Note:

I'm seeing a lot of overlap in the PCs submitted so far, caused likely by lack of knowledge of the other players characters abilites and also by inexperience with high level play.

Both the Bard and the Cleric are focused mainly on buffs/ debuffs and healing with limited combat oomph (barring the Bards 'charm/ dominate' effects) and the Sorcerer presented had no offensive damage dealing magic himself other than mainly 'charm/dominate' effects as well.

None of those three PCs could really deal any HP damage, and a monster immune to the Charmed condition or with Legendary resistances basically shuts them down completely.

If accepted 'as is' all three of those PCs would be rendered largely ineffective against such monsters.

I'm raising this to be fair to those players, avoid too much overlap, and for you guys to go back and have a look at your spell load outs.

Remember - we still dont have a Fighter, meaning the Rogue is currently the only damage dealer in the party!

It's a strategy I saw suggested on a blog; I admit I haven't tried it. But the idea is to use my bonus action to Hide, wait for the target to attack the fighter, and then pop out to get an extra attack (potentially with Sneak Attack).
Bear in mind that in order to Hide behind the Fighter you'll be in the square behind him, and thus you're likely not going to be in reach of an enemy he's fighting.

As for Bonus action Hiding, you can just Bonus action Aim for advantage (as long as you dont move that round) as well (Tashas Cunning Aim) and it's automatically succesful!

However, I don't want to skew the exercise with something overly experimental, so if you think one of the others would be a more representative choice, I'm willing to swap.

Lucky, Alert, Resilient (Con) are all great choices on a Rogue (the latter option gives you 4 save proficiencies!)

Remove ads