D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Mort

Legend
Supporter

Odds are it's either a healing potion (regular, of course) or a cursed item.

Also the contract is about as typical an adhesion contract as it gets, so pretty much unenforceable under most circumstances, but :

1. We need to get by this guy so one person risks signing and we go ;

2. I rolled a 6 so works for me!

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Odds are it's either a healing potion (regular, of course) or a cursed item.

Also the contract is about as typical an adhesion contract as it gets, so pretty much unenforceable under most circumstances, but :

1. We need to get by this guy so one person risks signing and we go ;

2. I rolled a 6 so works for me!

Edit : also 3. This is about as "not most circumstances" as things get!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Alvin looks at the contract, and scratches his head. He is sure he was told to make a deal, and he is prepared to tie this devil's freedom to his own. But already things have changed, and he doesn;'t know who is committing what. And again there is a soul clause, which he knows -- he knows -- Lanthander would not want him to sign.

He looks up. "Where's the other one?" he asks. He cannot read the Duke of Cania's expression, try as he might. "The other contract, the one you would have presented if I had accepted the other deal as well. If you already had my soul, this contract would have made no sense." He points roughly where his more legally minded companions had been pointing in the contract.

"You have my word already, and you have yet to tell us what we are in fact dealing for. But the deals were supposed to be separate from each other. So show us the other contract, please."

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Alvin looks to Asa and Elina, and asks, "But does any of this actually say what the thing we get is?"
"He just said it was a magic item. Could be anything. But he kind of implied it came from those zombies, and they made it this far, so they can't have been too weak? Of course, they could still have been carrying some pretty basic gear. Bottom line is, we either take it, whatever it is, or fight him."

Mort

Legend
Supporter
"He just said it was a magic item. Could be anything. But he kind of implied it came from those zombies, and they made it this far, so they can't have been too weak? Of course, they could still have been carrying some pretty basic gear. Bottom line is, we either take it, whatever it is, or fight him."
Yep, and as for the soul forfeit clause - that's IF the signer reneges on helping him escape not automatic like the service contract. Pays to be cautious, but we have to move past this guy!

Asisreo

Patron Badass
"What if those that sign it fail the mission to apprehend the item we're looking for? What happens to their soul under unintended failure?"

Mort

Legend
Supporter
"What if those that sign it fail the mission to apprehend the item we're looking for? What happens to their soul under unintended failure?"
It's not mission failure it's reneging on helping the fiend escape, not really the same goal!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases