D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Asisreo

Patron Badass
Technically the downed Trolls are prone (and incapacitated and unconscious), so you have disadvantage (due to making an attack while not being within 5' of them) which cancels out the advantage of unconscious and invisibility.
I want to keep this ruling consistent before continuing on. RAW, the position I am in doesn't matter. Of course, its a bit silly but I'd rather err on the side of RAW for this experiment when needed.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I want to keep this ruling consistent before continuing on. RAW, the position I am in doesn't matter. Of course, its a bit silly but I'd rather err on the side of RAW for this experiment when needed.
Yeah, if a target is prone ranged weapons have disadvantage against it. And since Advantage/disadvantage only applies once, It doesn't matter how many other circumstances give you advantage - everything just cancels out. At least it keeps it simple!

Asisreo

Patron Badass
I'll cast a 3rd-level scorching ray on T4, once one of them hits, the rest goes to T5.

Scorching Ray to-hit:
[12]+12=24 I assume that hits, so T5 who isn't prone:

[18] [2] +12 =30

[17] [18] +12 =30

[20] [11] = 31 Crit!

Damage:

Ray 1 (probably doesn't matter): [1] + [3] = 4 fire damage

Ray 2: [1] + [2] = 3 fire damage

Ray 3: [5] + [3] = 8 fire damage

Ray 4: [4] + [4] + [6] + [1] + 5 = 20 fire damage

(You may have noticed that I added my CHA mod to the last damage roll, not the first. I looked and it doesn't say which damage roll the CHA mod applies to, so I assumed it was up to the player).

I'll cast a 3rd-level scorching ray on T4, once one of them hits, the rest goes to T5.

Scorching Ray to-hit:
[12]+12=24 I assume that hits, so T5 who isn't prone:

[18] [2] +12 =30

[17] [18] +12 =30

[20] [11] = 31 Crit!

Damage:

Ray 1 (probably doesn't matter): [1] + [3] = 4 fire damage

Ray 2: [1] + [2] = 3 fire damage

Ray 3: [5] + [3] = 8 fire damage

Ray 4: [4] + [4] + [6] + [1] + 5 = 20 fire damage

(You may have noticed that I added my CHA mod to the last damage roll, not the first. I looked and it doesn't say which damage roll the CHA mod applies to, so I assumed it was up to the player).
And with that, the last two Trolls go down.

Huzzah!

I'll await an updated list of resources used in total so far from each player, plus current HP totals.

Once we have that info, you guys can let me know if you want to press on or Short rest.

You guys figure you probably have enough time for 1 more short rest, as long as you dont get too bogged down on the mountain.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Bartholomew status:

HP: 43 (8 of 15 HD used from last short rest, lower than the gith/dragon fight!)
Bardic Inspirations: 1 of 5 used (short rest recharge)
Contagious inspiration: 1 of 5 used (long rest recharge)
Lyre: 2 charges of 7 used (prot. evil, wall of fire)
Spells:
Used (total since long rest recharge):
1st: 2 of 4
2nd: 1 of 4
3rd: 3 of 3
4th: 3 of 3
5th: 0 of 2
6t: 1 of 1
7th: 1 of 1
8th: 0 of 1

Anything I'm missing @Flamestrike ?

Unless there is significant healing available - I'd definitely vote for a short rest! Is Alvin a life cleric now? If so, that healing could be used and then short rest (which would also give us a song of rest AND we would take 10 minutes for me to give a nice speech and 20 temp HP to everyone).

Remove ads