• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sanctuary

Agamon

Adventurer
They might not have got rid of the daughter if she hadn't worn that horrible, horrible blonde wig. They finally fixed the hair right before she died. :)

And yeah it sucks that Kate is taking back seat, she's both cute and quirky.

I'll agree with everyone else, if not top-quality, it is a fun show. Almost all shows like this start out as "______ of the week" while getting their feet wet and the plotlines start building.

Shade

Monster Junkie
The show lost me when they eliminated Ashley and the Invisible Girl and replaced them with the annoying-as-hell Kate.

Ahnehnois

First Post
I think the show "jumped the shark" after the lesbian kissing scene. It seemed so out of place at the end of that episode. My wife and I looked at each other and said WTF!. Is the main actress a lesbian and trying to come out of the closet on the show? Does the show get a lot of lesbian viewers? :erm:
Given that the character has so many powers and interests and personality traits in general, a hint of bisexuality is hardly a surprise. Why not challenge the viewer by sticking something like that at the end of the episode rather than having a boring conversation and fading to credits? In any case sci-fi has always been a great venue for messages of inclusiveness.

Shade said:
The show lost me when they eliminated Ashley and the Invisible Girl and replaced them with the annoying-as-hell Kate.
Always seemed strange that they killed those two. I don't know that it was shocking enough to be worth doing for that purpose. That being said...
I'm hugely attracted to Agam Darshi, so the character of Kate doesn't bother me at all.

Elf Witch

First Post
I think Sanctuary can be dramatic and cheesy at the same time but it is always fun. I have been watching since the web episodes and I look forward to it every week.

I was in the Ashely is kind of boring camp so I didn't mind them killing her off. I liked Kate from day 1 she is more fun and less wooden than Ashley and I am a sucker for redemption stories.

I thought the lesbian kiss was great just the way it was handled. And to answer someone's question no Amanda Tapping is not gay or bi she is happily married. She just felt that it added to the character for her to be bisexual.

The only thing I hated about the kiss was that it brought out a lot of people who had never posted on the Sanctuary forums complaining about it and how it ruined the show for them and traumatized their young children and they were taking if off their DVRs. :rant:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I've watched a handful of episodes scattered over the seasons. None of them thrilled me. Some really irked me.

So I don't watch it.

hopeless

Adventurer
Regarding Sanctuary

I didn't really start watching until the end of season 2 which caught my attention although I have seen the odd episode from earlier seasons.

As for the kiss I figured given the character had just had to spend over a century hiding to avoid messing up the timeline she hadn't had much in the way of relationships so yes I figure she was surprised and open to this turn of events and I believe her comment pretty much confirmed that.

As far as being offensive, nope but then there will always be people out there who'll complain about pretty much anything, now the star wars prequels however thats just common sense, Ewan MacGregor was a fine choice for Obi-Wan now why couldn't they have picked someone Natalie Portman fancied for episode 2 is anyone's guess!

Sorry for the offshoot but I figure that would make a perfect example of something to agrue about, sanctuary well some episode may feel off but if regular off episodes is your thing watch smallville and remember there are worst things out there and Sanctuary is actually quite good even with its weaker episodes!

Now hopefully Margaret Weis Productions can consider making an rpg of this series!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads