Sandmasker aka Scorpionfolk (conversion)

ruemere

Adventurer
Several weeks ago, I have been writing up a travel scenario for Scarred Lands campaign (characters were going from Mithril to Hollowfaust, via incognito sea travel service of House Asuras), and during my research of available monsters, I have found existing conversion of Sandmaskers (Scorpionfolk) to be somewhat lacking.

Hence this conversion - hopefully someone is going to like it enough to use it in their campaign. I have stripped (to the best of my knowledge) from the creature all product identity content, so, provided that section 15 is preserved, one should be able to use PDF document attached to this post without difficulty.

Comments are welcome, too.

Regards,
Ruemere

PS. Changes:
- v0.5 - removed DC from Mirror Image - thanks to Psychotic Jim for spotting the error
- v0.4 - corrected lance damage bonus (+6), added Power Attack calculations for both attack modes (see feat description)

Attachments

• sandmasker_v0_5.pdf
    97.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

ruemere

Adventurer
The size of the weapon is fine, though the weapon type does not seem to be a spear. Also, in case of Sandmaskers, chitinous plating covers entire body.

:)

Thank you for the counters.

Regards,
Ruemere

Psychotic Jim

First Post
This looks nice. Haven't had much of a chance to go through it, but one thing I did see is that you list a save dc for Mirror Image. Mirror Image as a personal spell doesn't provoke a save.

ruemere

Adventurer
This looks nice. Haven't had much of a chance to go through it, but one thing I did see is that you list a save dc for Mirror Image. Mirror Image as a personal spell doesn't provoke a save.

Changed accordingly:
- v0.5 - removed DC from Mirror Image - thanks to Psychotic Jim for spotting the error

Regards,
Ruemere

Remove ads