D&D 5E Sane Magic Item Prices

S'mon

Legend
Those ranges are narrow enough it's hard to really go too far wrong.

Still doesn't tell me what they mean by "basic". :)

They meant the stuff on the following list.

One thing this thread has helped teach me is that if I run a WoTC hardback again, I need to add in my own treasure hoards to at least 1/5 of the encounters. I thought POTA was terrible for lack of treasure, but it sounds like it only got worse from there.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Those ranges are narrow enough it's hard to really go too far wrong.

Still doesn't tell me what they mean by "basic". :)
Other than "basic rules" it's the only instance of the word basic in the adventurers league players guide v10. There's a few other types of magic items like faction magic items & GM rewards & those are the only ones that don't take significant work like many sessions or a good bit of AL GM time so most likely similar to if a hiker said basic camping supplies & they list the things considered basic in that little snippet as someone else mentioned. It's six pages so don't expect too much if you download it

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
<<facepalm>>

I mean, seriously: who comes up with this stuff? It's like they asked a bunch of players what their favourite items are and then chopped the price down so that everyone could have one, rather than leaving them as special and unusual finds.
Who actually wants a broom of flying, though? I've hated that ridiculous item since I first saw it. Give me winged boots, a carpet of flying, ring of air elemental command or something else. "Look ma! I'm riding a broom!" just doesn't cut it for me.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Who actually wants a broom of flying, though? I've hated that ridiculous item since I first saw it. Give me winged boots, a carpet of flying, ring of air elemental command or something else. "Look ma! I'm riding a broom!" just doesn't cut it for me.
Classic witch trope. You'd prefer they ride in iron kettles or with their mortars and pestles?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases