SAS: Rogue Heroes

Zardnaar

Legend
dummkopf! Heh, yeah we learnt that one too

That's the one. Didn't know what mein gott un himmel meant but had a pretty good idea of what mein gott meant.

Americans had superheroes we had issues like The Fighting Major which was an NZer shooting Germans on Crete. They started going away early 90's.

Superhero comics were around but I don't recall them being that big. Buster, Beano and Whizzer and Chips were more popular along with the war comics and Disney stuff iirc.

$2 pocket money bought Buster+W&C $1 each. They went up to $1.20 so pocket money became $2.50.

pukunui

Legend
We started it, but kinda stopped after about 3 episodes. It was fine (we didn't hate it or anything) but other stuff grabbed our attention.
I’ve now finished the series. The addition of the Free French adds an interesting element. The show touches on grief in an interesting way.

The raid on Benghazi with Churchill’s son is a highlight.

Still not sure the romance between Sofia Boutella’s character and Stirling was necessary but she is a bit more nuanced than at first glance. She has a clever part to play in the introduction of the Free French. But then she is summarily dismissed.

My one other complaint is that because so much of the action takes place at night, it is bloody hard to see what’s going on at times. It kind of made me miss those old war movies that filmed night scenes during the day with a dark filter so you could still see what was going on!

Remove ads