• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Tide+Ptolus+TOB+PHB2= FUN!

satori01

First Post
Pretty much sums up my new secondary campaign. Runing the Savage Tide adventure path with Ptolus as the starting city, and allowing all classes. As this is my groups secondary campaign, they opted to try an all evil party, should be interesting, though I suspect they do not have the stomach for it and will become Chaotic Selfish instead.

Ptolus is working well as a back drop, quick easy changes that mesh with the city w/o really warping the adventure, (Spoilers beware):

1)Vanderborens bought a minor title of nobilty from House Abanar. The Vanderboren family, and the elder (deceased) Vanderboren elders worked often for House Rau. The female leader of the Lotus Dragons will be of House Rau.
2) Lotus Dragons are receiving support through the Killraven Crime League....works well with a new disruptive criminal element
3) Vaults are in the Hammersong Vault complex
4) caves are on beacon island
5) tempted to place the Lotus Dragon complex off of the passageways leading to the Prison in Ptolus.

Ptolus the book made the game very easy. My players decided they were going to high jack a ship and impersonate the Scarlet Brotherhood and take control of the Blue Nixie. They asked to go to a bar where captains of ships relax. Low and behold, turn to page 174 of Ptolus, read the Savage Shark, and right there in the margins is a description of NPC captain and the name of his boat. Using that with the sample ship map in Dungeon, and instant ad lib is born.

Party is:

Drachna Unfettered 1- insanely high AC-escaped slave, no citzenship papers

Human Bard 1- seductive, manipulative, prone to use the message spell to initiate diplomacy from a distance.

Human Warmage 1- ex trainee for the Commisar's Men. Male Eunuch character, played by a female player.

Human Dragon Shaman 1- has only 18 stat in the group. Class seems very effective, I forsee mucho synergy with the Bard.

Human Swordsage 1- Maneuvers while powerful do not seem insanely over powered yet. It is intresting to have a 1st level character with the Child of Shadow stance on, go ninja and get concealment by moving more than 10', and use the Mighty Throw Maneuver to toss pirates overboad. Character fell below 0 HP twice in the battle, Warmage did the most damage of all, followed by the Dragon Shaman.

One more player should be joining the game, I look forward to see what happens, a very interesting group and character choices.

Remove ads