• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Worlds Deluxe is coming

Mallus

Legend
I'm going to get the PDF version later today, after I get some work done. I'm impressed by Savage Worlds, and this deluxe/revised/consolidated version sounds like just the tool I need, if I'm serious about converting one or two old D&D campaigns over to SW. I hear this edition has a number of sidebars where the designer's explain their thinking/design process. That's worth the price of admission alone.

pawsplay

Hero
Very awesome. I still don't get $24.95 playing cards, though.

EDIT: These are nice, though:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Poker-Cards-Made-Genuine-999-9/dp/B004MTHONQ/ref=sr_1_25?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1309365236&sr=1-25"]Poker Deck Made with Gold[/ame]

Last edited:

BluSponge

Explorer
I still don't get $24.95 playing cards, though.

It's not really a $25 set of playing cards, though. On the one hand, yes, you get an Action deck. The previous version was oversized and, IIRC, ran $10 for a set.

But the real meat here is the Adventure Deck, which is a set of 54 plot twists, one shot bonuses, and such. All fully illustrated. These were previously only available in PDF and, let me tell you, this is a big step up. They have plenty of examples in their downloads section.

Does that make it worth $25? Maybe not. But you sure are getting more than a couple of sets of playing cards for the cash.

Tom

Remove ads