Savage Worlds Deluxe is coming

beldar1215

Explorer
I don't see much talk about Savage Worlds around here, so people might not know about Savage Worlds Deluxe yet. Here is the information from the Pinnacle site.

* Design notes from the authors so you can see the thinking behind the system

* Beautiful new art from some of the game industry's best talent

* All new One Sheets™ showcasing some of the game's best features

* An expanded section on Setting Rules and how to apply them to your campaigns

* New Situational Rules such as Interludes and Dramatic Tasks

* Errata and rule updates, all which will be made available on our web site absolutely free for those who already have the best-selling Explorer's Edition!

This in no way invalidates the current Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition!!

Beldar

Greg K

Legend
Yeah, I mentioned it in Mallus's thread the other day. I didn't think that the chase rules needed revising, but I am looking forward to it-especially, the expanded setting rules section, new situational rules and new equipment.

beldar1215

Explorer
For me the chase rules never got used because I found them confusing. I got to playtest the new chase rules and they are excellent. I have run multiple chases using them and they are very Fast, Furious and Fun! I can't give specifics but they are well done!

A

amerigoV

I'm looking forward to it. I love the SWEX, but I am willing to pay a few more bucks for expanded information. I think they will release an Explorer edition sized one at a later date (more compact, lower price).

Of course, the best part is starting an edition war. I am lining up my arguments now - you know, how it is a money grab ($30 bucks!!!!), how they invalidate me as a gamer because they changed something ("what was wrong with the old chase rules!!?!?!"), now all my books are useless, how gnomes are not in the first book (heck, I am not sure they even have gnomes), etc. Nothing warms the heart more than the fire of nerd rage.

Remove ads